certifiados de IVA seguridad social
Thread poster: Clare Treleaven
Clare Treleaven
Clare Treleaven
Local time: 15:33
Spanish to English
Sep 21, 2009

Hello everyone

this is my first question - I'm new to being autonoma and I have a doubt about my rights/obligations.

I have sent a factura for a translation job I recently did and the company have asked me to provide cerificates to show that I don't have any outstanding debts with Hacienda/Seguridad Social. To get these documents I have to lose at least one morning in travel and waiting time - and I just can't justify doing that.

My question is if I am lega
... See more
Hello everyone

this is my first question - I'm new to being autonoma and I have a doubt about my rights/obligations.

I have sent a factura for a translation job I recently did and the company have asked me to provide cerificates to show that I don't have any outstanding debts with Hacienda/Seguridad Social. To get these documents I have to lose at least one morning in travel and waiting time - and I just can't justify doing that.

My question is if I am legally obliged to present these documents. Why do they need to know about my situation with these government organisations when I have done the work and am able to prove that I am autonoma - but only since the beginning of the month.

Any advice or experience in this area?

Thnx in advance.
Collapse

Conchi Otaola
Conchi Otaola
Spain
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
certificates and work Sep 26, 2009

Hi Clare,
I must tell you that I have been asked many times to present Certificates issued by Hacienda and the Seguridad Social to prove that I have no outstanding debts. The question is not that you are legally obliged, the question is that the ones for whom you do the translation or the services must have these certificates in case they are audited. They are legally obliged to have them. So basically the point is that if you want them to send you job, you must present these certificates.
... See more
Hi Clare,
I must tell you that I have been asked many times to present Certificates issued by Hacienda and the Seguridad Social to prove that I have no outstanding debts. The question is not that you are legally obliged, the question is that the ones for whom you do the translation or the services must have these certificates in case they are audited. They are legally obliged to have them. So basically the point is that if you want them to send you job, you must present these certificates.
Regards to lose your time, nowadays, you can go the first time and then apply for doing it via Internet. It is very easy. I usually do it this way.

Hope it helps you!

Conchi
Collapse

Clare Treleaven
Clare Treleaven
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
certifiados de IVA seguridad social Sep 26, 2009

Hi there Conchi

thanks so much for replying...I just thought it was strange...I've reached an agreement with them for now anyway and yes, I'm definitely going to go for the 'digital' option in the future.
It's seems bit back to front - even if I had debts, I'd have still done the work (and therefore have the right to the money) - and also would need the money in order to pay the outstanding debts!!!
Does that mean they could withhold payment? Or would they be obliged to
... See more
Hi there Conchi

thanks so much for replying...I just thought it was strange...I've reached an agreement with them for now anyway and yes, I'm definitely going to go for the 'digital' option in the future.
It's seems bit back to front - even if I had debts, I'd have still done the work (and therefore have the right to the money) - and also would need the money in order to pay the outstanding debts!!!
Does that mean they could withhold payment? Or would they be obliged to pay the money to the Hacienda or Seguridad Social? It's a very interesting situation...

Anyway, thanks again for replying - it's much appreciated
Clare
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Monika Jakacka Márquez[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

certifiados de IVA seguridad social

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »