Thread poster: Michael Delaney
Michael Delaney
Michael Delaney  Identity Verified
Austria
Local time: 01:37
German to English
Jun 1, 2022

Dear Friends,
I translate from German to English and have been happily using WFC (with the odd problem now and then) for many years.

Recently I've been having the issue that alt+ page down shortcut to expand a segment is no longer working. When I try to use it this appears at the end of the segment I wanted to expand:

David Daduč
David Daduč
Czech Republic
English to Czech
Try Alt+Enter Jun 1, 2022

Michael, recent MS Word versions have a new spellcheck-related feature that uses Alt+Down. Thus, when the cursor is in a place with a MS Word spellcheck warning, Alt+Down triggers this new Word feature rather than the expected Wordfast action. This is why Alt+Down now has a “synonym” in Wordfast Classic: you can also use Alt+Enter to make Wordfast Classic move to the next segment. I hope this will help you.

Michael Delaney
Michael Delaney  Identity Verified
Austria
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
That's what I needed Jun 2, 2022

Many thanks David, much appreciated!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Alt+down no longer working in WFC 8.66

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »