Lamine Boukabour
Lamine Boukabour  Identity Verified
Algeria
Local time: 00:56
Member (2022)
English to Arabic
Jul 28, 2021

Hi,

Once I finished reviewing my translation in WFP 5 and tried to save my translated file by clicking "Save file as translated", I faced the following error:

"An error occurred while saving the document. More details: An unexpected error occurred during align of the file. There was a problem while aligning word document."

Any idea to safely save my file as translated?

Thanks

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 01:56
Member (2006)
French to English
Run Transcheck and fix tag errors Jul 29, 2021

Hello,

All is said in the title of the reply. If this doesn't work, contact the hotline.

Kind regards,
John

Lamine Boukabour
Algeria
Member (2022)
English to Arabic
TOPIC STARTER
Many thanks John! Jul 29, 2021

John Di Rico wrote:

Hello,

All is said in the title of the reply. If this doesn't work, contact the hotline.

Kind regards,
John

Lamine Boukabour
Algeria
Member (2022)
English to Arabic
TOPIC STARTER
Someone else has shown me way Jul 29, 2021

John Di Rico wrote:

Hello,

Kind regards,
John

No longer tag errors exist, but I have the same problem. Luckily, someone in the Wordfast Users group in Facebook referred to reloading the source file, that is to say, adding it again, ignoring merging or splitting, and then we click "Translate All" and save the file with no issue arises. That is it!

Thank you!

[Edited at 2021-07-30 11:17 GMT]

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 01:56
Member (2006)
French to English
Contact the hotline Jul 30, 2021

Hi Lamine,

I would contact the hotline.

You can try reimporting the file and do not merge or split segments. If merge/split segments is the problem, please report it.

BTW, you write Wordfast Pro 5… What version are you using? If 5, commit all to a TM, update to the latest version, import file into a new project, pre-translate, then try again.

Best,
John

Lamine Boukabour

Lamine Boukabour
Algeria
Member (2022)
English to Arabic
TOPIC STARTER
Most obliged! Jul 30, 2021

John Di Rico wrote:

Hi Lamine,

I would contact the hotline.

You can try reimporting the file and do not merge or split segments. If merge/split segments is the problem, please report it.

BTW, you write Wordfast Pro 5… What version are you using? If 5, commit all to a TM, update to the latest version, import file into a new project, pre-translate, then try again.

Best,
John

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Not able to save file as translated

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »