Thread poster: Patricia Rosas
Eric Hahn (X)
Eric Hahn (X)  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 02:19
French to German
+ ...
Bravo Aug 10, 2009

I can't receive any test mail from other accounts and my SMTP server (smtp.orange.fr) still does not recognize the new IP.

Why did you have to operate these changes on Sunday evening ???

[Modifié le 2009-08-10 10:25 GMT]

Brandon Wood
Brandon Wood  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 09:19
Japanese to English
+ ...
The problem... Aug 10, 2009

The real problem for me is not that I cannot access my webmail, I could log into my proz.com hosted e-mail address via webmail since this morning, the problem is that when I log into it THERE IS NO MAIL THERE, despite having sent mail to it from a working e-mail address numerous times throughout the day today to test.

Furthermore, I have my mailbox set up to auto-forward to my gmail and hotmail accounts and I do not receive any mails from either of those, so the mail I'm "receiving"
... See more
The real problem for me is not that I cannot access my webmail, I could log into my proz.com hosted e-mail address via webmail since this morning, the problem is that when I log into it THERE IS NO MAIL THERE, despite having sent mail to it from a working e-mail address numerous times throughout the day today to test.

Furthermore, I have my mailbox set up to auto-forward to my gmail and hotmail accounts and I do not receive any mails from either of those, so the mail I'm "receiving" does not even seem to be hitting the mail server at any point because they are not forwarding either.

I just want to know if I have lost the mails that I have received since the scheduled downtime last night or not. I was waiting on a very important reply regarding payment from a client and I need to know an answer soon.
Collapse

Charlie Bavington
Charlie Bavington  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:19
French to English
Ukraine? Aug 10, 2009

Lawyer-Linguist wrote:
Henry, I don't care who you have to wake up at some ungodly hour over there, but please do so. This is totally unacceptable, especially on a Monday morning this side of the pond.

I thought the idea of opening an office in Ukraine was to move towards round the clock coverage without having to wake people up on the other side of the world?

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 20:19
SITE FOUNDER
Some users are getting some emails again Aug 10, 2009

Hi all,

Some users are getting some emails again. As Jason said, we are taking steps to accelerate the migration of all traffic to the new IP, which is what did not happen correctly last night. When that happens, more emails sent over the past half day should begin to appear.

Henry

Anna Quail
Anna Quail  Identity Verified
France
French to English
+ ...
Mine are back Aug 10, 2009

My website is back and my emails have come through. Just to let you know, folks.

Gotta go. Work to do, emails to answer...

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
SITE FOUNDER
Systems support is 24/7 Aug 10, 2009

Charlie Bavington wrote:
I thought the idea of opening an office in Ukraine was to move towards round the clock coverage without having to wake people up on the other side of the world?

Ukraine is a support office only, there are no technical people on staff there (yet). Regardless, we have for the last five years or so had at least two systems guys on call 24/7, and our regularly do minor fixes at all hours. Furthermore, we have a whole backup hosting system. For some reason, these precautions broke down in this case.

I know how important it is for you to have access to your hosted accounts without interruption. We'll take steps to make sure this does not happen again.

Eric Hahn (X)
Eric Hahn (X)  Identity Verified
France
French to German
+ ...
Felicitations... Aug 10, 2009

It is working again !

I think it would be a good idea to do this kind of scheduled maintenance on Saturdays.

[Modifié le 2009-08-10 11:15 GMT]

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
SITE FOUNDER
Things are coming back Aug 10, 2009

Things are coming back. Jason will post.

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
Should be fixed now Aug 10, 2009

Hi everyone,

Email should be getting delivered now and hosted web sites should be back up. In most cases, no email should be lost, though there's still a chance that some emails sent to you could have bounced if the sending ISP used an uncommon mail server configuration.

Please let me know if you're still experiencing problems.

As a result of this issue, please note that any changes you make to your DNS server via your hosting control panel may not take aff
... See more
Hi everyone,

Email should be getting delivered now and hosted web sites should be back up. In most cases, no email should be lost, though there's still a chance that some emails sent to you could have bounced if the sending ISP used an uncommon mail server configuration.

Please let me know if you're still experiencing problems.

As a result of this issue, please note that any changes you make to your DNS server via your hosting control panel may not take affect automatically for the next couple days. (This will have no affect on most users.) If you need to change anything about your DNS configuration, please submit a support ticket for assistance.

Best regards,

Jason
Collapse

Dr. Stephan Pietzko
Dr. Stephan Pietzko  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:19
Member (2002)
English to German
E-Mail/Hosting is still not working for me Aug 10, 2009

Sorry Jason, but I still can't access the mail server via Outlook, the inks for temporary access to control panel / webmail Andrew gave don't work for me and connection via "My Hosting" on the www.proz.com also failed....

Hope you get this REALLY fixed, soon.

Stephan Pietzko

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
SITE FOUNDER
Everything seems to be back to normal Aug 10, 2009

Dr. Stephan Pietzko wrote:

Sorry Jason, but I still can't access the mail server via Outlook, the inks for temporary access to control panel / webmail Andrew gave don't work for me and connection via "My Hosting" on the www.proz.com also failed....

Hope you get this REALLY fixed, soon.

Stephan Pietzko

Hi Stephan. Others are no longer reporting trouble. I will have one of our technical guys contact you directly. (Anyone else having trouble, please submit a support ticket.)

Dr. Stephan Pietzko
Dr. Stephan Pietzko  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:19
Member (2002)
English to German
Problem solved Aug 11, 2009

I got a call from Matt son after my posting. He was able to fix this very quickly. The new ip had been blocked by my Peerguardian software running in the background. It appears that the new ip is blacklisted by the makers of Peerguardian.

In any case: A big THANK YOU to Matt (and other proz staff involved)!

Stephan

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Hosting problems - (staff: "Fixed")

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »