Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3] >
Hosting problems - (staff: "Fixed")
Thread poster: Patricia Rosas
Jennifer Baker
Jennifer Baker  Identity Verified
United States
Italian to English
I cannot access my website or e-mail Aug 10, 2009

I just awoke to find that I cannot access either my website or webmail. I am not on my home computer and am trying to access my mail through the control panel via Proz.com "my hosting" link. I continue to get a message that the link is broken. I am submitting a support ticket, but since I cannot receive mail or see my webmail, can someone help me here, also, ASAP. I have a very important deadline to deal with.

Thanks

Jennifer

Rebecca Hendry
Rebecca Hendry  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:32
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Some progress Aug 10, 2009

Outlook has now started sending and receiving emails, but my site is still down and my blackberry is still not receiving or sending anything correctly, despite new service books, hard resets etc...

I made NO changes to my Outlook settings.

Isabel Cal Díaz
Isabel Cal Díaz  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 22:32
English to Spanish
Thanks for letting us know, Rebecca Aug 10, 2009

Sadly, my Outlook is behaving differently and my emails are still not coming through.

Rebecca Hendry
Rebecca Hendry  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Spoke too soon Aug 10, 2009

Receipt of emails is still somewhat erratic, and cannot be relied upon.

Italian Linguist (X)
Italian Linguist (X)
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
NOTHING IS WORKING! Aug 10, 2009

CAN'T DO ANYTHING AS WELL!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE TRY TO SOLVE THE MATTER OR GIVE CLEAR EXPLANATIONS ABOUT HOW TO MANAGE THE WHOLE TROUBLE.

THANK YOU!

RGDS

B D Finch
B D Finch  Identity Verified
France
French to English
+ ...
email still not working 10 am Monday Aug 10, 2009

Please could we have an update on the situation. Monday morning is the worst possible time for this to happen. I've tried following Matt's with "ipconfig /flushdns" and using Outlook's repair connection function. Neither of these works. The latter just gives me an error message.

Has any incoming or outgoing email got lost in the process, or is everything log-jammed somewhere in cyberspace?

:??

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 16:32
SITE FOUNDER
Trying to get this taken care of Aug 10, 2009

Hi all,

I just found this thread and am trying to get someone on it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Henry

Anna Quail
Anna Quail  Identity Verified
France
French to English
+ ...
Same problem a fortnight ago Aug 10, 2009

I think we’re just going to have to wait until Matt or someone else wakes up and realises we’re all waiting for our email addresses and websites to work. I reopened a support ticket and posted a message this morning on Rebecca’s old thread (same problem exactly a fortnight ago – on a Monday morning). I have my Gmail account set to check emails from other accounts and it informs me that mail from my account was retrieved at... See more
I think we’re just going to have to wait until Matt or someone else wakes up and realises we’re all waiting for our email addresses and websites to work. I reopened a support ticket and posted a message this morning on Rebecca’s old thread (same problem exactly a fortnight ago – on a Monday morning). I have my Gmail account set to check emails from other accounts and it informs me that mail from my account was retrieved at 5:51 am, 8:42 am and 8:57 am, but there was no response from the server for three hours after 2:45 am and for three hours after 5: 51. I’m waiting impatiently for 11:42 am to come round…

Edit. I see someone is awake at last

[Edited at 2009-08-10 08:33 GMT]
Collapse

Deborah do Carmo
Deborah do Carmo  Identity Verified
Portugal
Dutch to English
+ ...
Unacceptable Aug 10, 2009

It is Monday morning. Thank goodness I don't use ProZ for emails but my website is also down, which means I -- like many others -- am losing work.

Henry, I don't care who you have to wake up at some ungodly hour over there, but please do so. This is totally unacceptable, especially on a Monday morning this side of the pond.

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
SITE FOUNDER
Sorry for the trouble Aug 10, 2009

Flo Demolis wrote:

I think we’re just going to have to wait until Matt or someone else wakes up and realises we’re all waiting for our email addresses and websites to work. I reopened a support ticket and posted a message this morning on Rebecca’s old thread (same problem exactly a fortnight ago – on a Monday morning). I have my Gmail account set to check emails from other accounts and it informs me that mail from my account was retrieved at 5:51 am, 8:42 am and 8:57 am, but there was no response from the server for three hours after 2:45 am and for three hours after 5: 51. I’m waiting impatiently for 11:42 am to come round…

Edit. I see someone is awake at last

Yes, they are working on it.

I apologize for the inconvenience, folks.

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
SITE FOUNDER
Totally agree Aug 10, 2009

Lawyer-Linguist wrote:
This is totally unacceptable, especially on a Monday morning this side of the pond.

Believe me, I feel the same way. We have two guys on it now. We'll get things squared away as soon as possible.

Lenguamundo
Lenguamundo  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2007)
Spanish to Urdu
+ ...
Any news? Aug 10, 2009

Hi everybody!
Still waiting.
Anybody have any news about this issue.
Thanks!

Angela Dickson (X)
Angela Dickson (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
French to English
+ ...
Me too Aug 10, 2009

Just back from holiday and I can't access Control Panel in order to turn off my out-of-office auto-reply. Going shopping and hope it's fixed by the time I return!

And if any of my clients are reading this - I'm back, folks.

Once again it'd be nice to know if those on the premium hosting package are affected by this. I don't mind throwing money at a problem if I get a definitive fix in return, but if all Proz hosting users are affected, then I think I'll go elsewhere for
... See more
Just back from holiday and I can't access Control Panel in order to turn off my out-of-office auto-reply. Going shopping and hope it's fixed by the time I return!

And if any of my clients are reading this - I'm back, folks.

Once again it'd be nice to know if those on the premium hosting package are affected by this. I don't mind throwing money at a problem if I get a definitive fix in return, but if all Proz hosting users are affected, then I think I'll go elsewhere for my hosting unless we get some reassurance that this is unlikely to happen again.

[Edited at 2009-08-10 09:04 GMT]
Collapse

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
Staff: working on it Aug 10, 2009

Systems administrators are aware of the issue and working on a solution. More details will be posted here as they become available.

Best regards,

Jason

Update: It appears that some ISPs are using a cached version of the old IP address for the the primary hosting nameserver, ns1.host.proz.com. We're working on getting another nameserver up at the old IP address to mitigate the problem.

Andrew
Andrew
United States
English
Temporary access to control panel / webmail Aug 10, 2009

While we're getting the issue straightened out, access to your control panel and webmail should be available via using the following URLs:

http://h1.host.proz.com/cpanel

http://h1.host.proz.com/webmail

Remember when logging into the webmail interface to use the full email addre
... See more
While we're getting the issue straightened out, access to your control panel and webmail should be available via using the following URLs:

http://h1.host.proz.com/cpanel

http://h1.host.proz.com/webmail

Remember when logging into the webmail interface to use the full email address, including your domain name, as the user name and the appropriate password for that individual email account.

Best regards,
Andrew
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Hosting problems - (staff: "Fixed")

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »