French to English translation tutors to participate in study
Thread poster: Kamarate
Kamarate
Kamarate
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:01
Aug 2, 2010

Hello all,

If I have posted this in the wrong section, I do apologise. I posted something similar in another section when I was looking for translators to help with the study and was told it was classed as a job, which this is not! Unfortunately, I cannot afford to pay anyone to help, but would be hugely grateful for any help.

Basically, I'm looking for translation tutors (or people who regularly evaluate the quality of translations as part of their job) to help me with
... See more
Hello all,

If I have posted this in the wrong section, I do apologise. I posted something similar in another section when I was looking for translators to help with the study and was told it was classed as a job, which this is not! Unfortunately, I cannot afford to pay anyone to help, but would be hugely grateful for any help.

Basically, I'm looking for translation tutors (or people who regularly evaluate the quality of translations as part of their job) to help me with the dissertation for my MA. The deadline is drawing nearer and nearer and I've been constantly let down by people who said they would help. I had everything organised months in advance and people who said they would help have not been replying! I'm panicking a little now (ok, a lot!) and am looking desperately for people to help.

I have 20 translations of the same text (less than 500 words), by two groups of people. All I would ask you to do is read them through, making general observations on the quality of the translations by the two groups (regarding aspects such as syntax, style, register etc), maybe picking specific examples from the translations.

The texts are from French into English.

I appreciate it's a huge favour to ask, and it sounds like a lot of work, but I would hope it wouldn't take more than a couple of hours. Obviously I would be happy to return the favour in any way possible. If any can help, or knows of anyone who could possibly help, then please let me know! I'm starting to worry :S

Many thanks to all of you,

K
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

French to English translation tutors to participate in study

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »