Poll: I have my web browser(s) set up to:
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff

ProZ.com Staff
Local time: 15:16
SITE STAFF
Apr 5

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "I have my web browser(s) set up to:".

View the poll results »

Marina-Yzumi Sugahara

neilmac  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 00:16
Spanish to English
+ ...
Other Apr 5

AFAIK, my browser more or less configures its own settings. I don't think I'd even know how to set up the functions suggested. However, it can't be a serious issue for me, or I'd have done something about it. As long as it works and does what I want it to, that's enough for my purposes.

Elizabeth Tamblin

Muriel Vasconcellos  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:16
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Always on the same page Apr 5

It always opens to the Google search engine. Underneath, I have icons linking me to the 10 sites I use most often.

[Edited at 2020-04-05 08:56 GMT]

Tom in London
Teresa Borges
ahartje
Kaisa I
Aline Amorim

Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:16
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Me too except Apr 5

Muriel Vasconcellos wrote:

It always opens to the Google search engine. Underneath, I have icons linking me to the 10 sites I use most often.

Me too, except that in Firefox I have a mix of icons to things like LinkedIn, Google Translate, Linguee, and Deepl, for fast access, plus a row of folders containing lots of links to other websites- and I have the excellent Ghostery ad blocker installed. My other add-ons include my VPN, which I turn on and off as I need it.

[Edited at 2020-04-05 09:44 GMT]

Chris S  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Swedish to English
+ ...
Rub a dub dub Apr 5

Tom in London wrote:
Google Translate, Linguee, and Deepl

It’s all coming out now😂😂

As a Scandinavian translator, I have Hefner’s Cunnilingual Dictionary of Grunts and Groans (Enlarged Version) as my home page.

Dan Lucas

Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:16
Member (2008)
Italian to English
I should add... Apr 5

That I have set my email client to do this:

Screen Shot

Chris S

Chris S  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Swedish to English
+ ...
Nice one Apr 5

Tom in London wrote:

That I have set my email client to do this:

Screen Shot

😂😂

Matthias Brombach

Mario Freitas  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 19:16
Member (2014)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Six standard pages Apr 5

My Chorme is configured to open with six standard pages, the ones I regularly use for translation. The other pages are all in the Favorites folder.

Philippe Etienne

Aline Amorim  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 19:16
Member (2019)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Me too Apr 5

Muriel Vasconcellos wrote:

[Edited at 2020-04-05 08:56 GMT]

Me too

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 00:16
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Vivaldi, re-open previous, lazy loading Apr 6

I currently use Vivaldi, and it loads the tabs that were there when I closed the browser. I have lazy loading (on startup) enabled, however, so a tab only starts to load when I click on it's tab, and I can also close a tab before it starts loading.

vivaldi lazy load

When all tabs are closed, it shows Vivaldi's speed dial. Vivaldi is based on Chromium, which recently (oh, within the past 2 years) broke most speed dial add-ins for "security" purposes, so the "best" one is the built-in one. On my speed dial I have my mail accounts and some of the login pages for the various agencies that require interaction via a portal.

Jean Dimitriadis

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: I have my web browser(s) set up to:

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

ProZ.com Headquarters
235 Harrison Street Mail Drop #22
Syracuse, NY 13202
USA
+1-315-463-7323
ProZ.com Argentina
Calle 14 nro. 622 1/2 entre 44 y 45
La Plata (B1900AND), Buenos Aires
Argentina
+54-221-425-1266
ProZ.com Ukraine
6 Karazina St.
Kharkiv, 61002
Ukraine
+380 57 7281624
Dawn it-tradutturi jikkoordinaw it-traduzzjoni ta’ ProZ.com f’ Maltese

Team Members: Rita Briffa

Jekk jogħġbok innota li s-sit għadu mhux tradott kollu. Il-lokalizzazzjoni tas-sit qed jipproċedi fi stadji, bis-siti l-aktar attivi jiġu tradotti l-ewwel. Jekk tara xi errur fit-traduzzjoni fi kwalunkwe parti tas-sit li diġà ġie lokalizzat, jekk jogħġbok avża lil wieħed mill-koordinaturi tal-lokalizzazzjoni hawn fuq.
For information on how you can help localize the site, please click here.

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Fittex għal terminu
  • Xogħol
  • Fora
  • Multiple search