MemoQ offline still looks for online resources
Thread poster: GiorgioAnselmi
GiorgioAnselmi
GiorgioAnselmi
Italy
Local time: 17:14
English to Italian
May 8, 2022

Hello everyone, I'm using MemoQ 9.7.6 and I get this issue where the program tries to access online resources even while working offline.

The company I'm working for has a scheduled weekend maintenance for its servers, so I synced all the TMs and I'm using a local version of the TB. I selected Manual sync and, as someone else advised in the past in a similar issue thread, checked all the other resources (TMs, TBs, Muses, LiveDocs and even stuff like auto-translation, segmentation ru
... See more
Hello everyone, I'm using MemoQ 9.7.6 and I get this issue where the program tries to access online resources even while working offline.

The company I'm working for has a scheduled weekend maintenance for its servers, so I synced all the TMs and I'm using a local version of the TB. I selected Manual sync and, as someone else advised in the past in a similar issue thread, checked all the other resources (TMs, TBs, Muses, LiveDocs and even stuff like auto-translation, segmentation rules, etc. It's all local.

Yet it still tries to access the server, specifically for TBs.

This is the TB tab, only ONE local TB is selected.

This is the error I get. It's still trying to access some online TB.

The problem is that, while looking for the online resources, MemoQ freezes completely, sometimes for several minutes. The only solution is to disconnect the computer entirely, which as you can guess, is not ideal, considering I need to search for stuff, sometimes.

Anyone got a similar issue?
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 18:14
English to Russian
My Computer May 8, 2022

As far as I know the synchronization features are not available when offline. Make sure that you have switched from your client's domain to My Computer (select it from the dropdown list and click the check mark).2022-05-08_1634051

GiorgioAnselmi
GiorgioAnselmi
Italy
Local time: 17:14
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
Project was already local May 11, 2022

Thanks. I did, though, as I always download a local copy of a project. I think I wouldn't be able to work offline, if I didn't.

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 18:14
English to Russian
Register local May 11, 2022

Try to remove it and then right-click anywhere in the Term bases pane and select 'Register local'.
Also, can you share a screenshot of your entire 'Term bases' window?

[Edited at 2022-05-11 15:55 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MemoQ offline still looks for online resources

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »