Nelia Fahloun (X)
Nelia Fahloun (X)  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 10:34
English to French
+ ...
May 7, 2012

Dear all,

I installed a trial version of MemoQ about a week ago (valid for 45 days) and everything was working fine.
This morning, my new computer prompted me to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1, which I did.
Unfortunately, since the reboot, MemoQ no longer recognizes my serial number and indicates that I have no valid license!

I have just sent an email to Customer service, but I thought maybe someone else had experienced a similar problem.

I
... See more
Dear all,

I installed a trial version of MemoQ about a week ago (valid for 45 days) and everything was working fine.
This morning, my new computer prompted me to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1, which I did.
Unfortunately, since the reboot, MemoQ no longer recognizes my serial number and indicates that I have no valid license!

I have just sent an email to Customer service, but I thought maybe someone else had experienced a similar problem.

I have been working on a 5-document project (Word docs, around 8000 words total), and I have already finished and exported 2 of them.
I have completed the third one in MemoQ but not exported it: now MemoQ won't allow me to retrieve it, so it's basically stuck in there and I have to do it all over again.

Any ideas or tips? Maybe the install got corrupted and I should uninstall and reinstall MemoQ?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Nelia
Collapse

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
I would try that May 7, 2012

Nelia Fahloun wrote:
Any ideas or tips? Maybe the install got corrupted and I should uninstall and reinstall MemoQ?

I would try that. However, I would start by installing only, without uninstalling first. That could fix any registry or setup problem. After that, I would use the Help > Activation feature so that your setup is checked against Kilgray's license server and can get the rest of the days.

Just in case: do you have bilingual versions of the two documents you have finished already? Just in case something goes wrong with the new install and the memory gets deleted or damaged (which I think should not happen since memoQ is not destructive at all).

Nelia Fahloun (X)
Nelia Fahloun (X)  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved by MemoQ support May 7, 2012

Hi Tomas,

Thanks for your quick answer. Actually MemoQ support was almost as quick!!
They regenerated my license from the server and it worked.

The person even offered help with exportation of documents if needed, but that wasn't necessary.

It is great to have such a reactive customer support and not all CAT tools can say that

Regards,

Nelia

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Great! May 7, 2012

Nelia Fahloun wrote:
It is great to have such a reactive customer support and not all CAT tools can say that

They are very responsive indeed. I wish all our suppliers were as responsive as Kilgray.

I am glad it is solved now.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Urgent problem with MemoQ trial license

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »