Thread poster: Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 13:13
English to Turkish
+ ...
Sep 6, 2009

MemoQ's help file (MemoQHelp.chm) is useful but I prefer reading manuals in pdf format. I couldn't find such a manual at Kilgray's web site.

------------------------
There is a file called MemoQGettingStarted_EN.pdf at http://www.kilgray.com/memoq/memoQ_QuickStartGuide_3_6_EN.pdf However, it seems that this file is a summary of the Help file.
... See more
MemoQ's help file (MemoQHelp.chm) is useful but I prefer reading manuals in pdf format. I couldn't find such a manual at Kilgray's web site.

------------------------
There is a file called MemoQGettingStarted_EN.pdf at http://www.kilgray.com/memoq/memoQ_QuickStartGuide_3_6_EN.pdf However, it seems that this file is a summary of the Help file.

[Edited at 2009-09-06 17:03 GMT]
Collapse

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 12:13
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Googling for... Sep 6, 2009

Selcuk Akyuz wrote:

Googling for chm2pdf gets a few results. Have you tried any of them?

Selcuk Akyuz
Türkiye
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
chm files Sep 6, 2009

Samuel Murray wrote:

Googling for chm2pdf gets a few results. Have you tried any of them?

Yes, I have tested CHM To PDF Converter PRO. One can use HTML Help Workshop as well. But if there is a pdf manual somewhere, I prefer reading it. I use chm converters only for translating help files.

Selcuk

Gergely Vandor
Gergely Vandor
Hungary
Local time: 12:13
English to Hungarian
help in PDF Sep 7, 2009

We can't offer a PDF version just yet, but this is on the task list of our documentation manager.

Gergely Vandor
Kilgray

Selcuk Akyuz
Türkiye
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Sep 7, 2009

I hope the task list of your documentation manager is not a long one

Selcuk Akyuz
Türkiye
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problems with the Help file Sep 13, 2009

The Help file is a great resource for someone trying to learn all features of the program. However, due to the missing links it is not easy to read it from A to Z. The Contents tab does not give all the headings. For instance, I can't find the heading "XLIFF – Exchange format between CAT tools".

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

User Manual

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »