Téma indítója: Lisa Melvin
Lisa Melvin
Lisa Melvin  Identity Verified
Egyesült Királyság
Local time: 09:16
spanyol - angol
+ ...
Feb 11, 2006

I believe I have made an error in the analysis of fuzzy, exact and empty words.
I saved the word count (after I translated 1st doc and pre-translated 2nd doc). Then I pressed calculate button and saved results in an Excel spreadsheet format. Hoever, I have 0 "empty" words for TT. Can anybody please explain where I have made an error? Thank you.

Yolanda Broad
Yolanda Broad  Identity Verified
Egyesült Államok
Local time: 04:16
Tag (2000 óta)
francia - angol
+ ...

MODERÁTOR
I'm not sure I understand the problem Feb 12, 2006

First, what is TT?

And why were you saving to an Excel spreadsheet?

When I look at the "save" options for the word count window, I can save in a two specified formats, txt and csv, or in "all files." As for the '0 "empty" words' problems, why would there be "empty" words in a couple of translated/pre-translated documents? I just checked a word count for a finished project of mine, and I definitely have 0 empty words.

Lisa Melvin
Lisa Melvin  Identity Verified
Egyesült Királyság
Local time: 09:16
spanyol - angol
+ ...
TÉMAINDÍTÓ
Analysis of word count in Deja Vous X Feb 12, 2006

Yolanda Broad wrote:

First, what is TT?

And why were you saving to an Excel spreadsheet?

When I look at the "save" options for the word count window, I can save in a two specified formats, txt and csv, or in "all files." As for the '0 "empty" words' problems, why would there be "empty" words in a couple of translated/pre-translated documents? I just checked a word count for a finished project of mine, and I definitely have 0 empty words.

Thanks for your response. I am doing this as part of a college assignment and have limited experience of TM.

TT = target text. I translated the first text, pre-translated the second, did word count and saved it (CSV). It is the analysis for the invoice that was confusing me, since I wasn't sure whether I had to use the English (source text) column of exact/fuzzy/empty words or the French (target text) column which was showing up 0 "empty" words. From your response, I gather I do not have to worry about 0 empty words in target text.

Regards

Lisa

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

A fórum moderátora(i)
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Using Word Count in Deja Vous X

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »