Thread poster: Lia Fail (X)
Lia Fail (X)
Lia Fail (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 17:21
Spanish to English
+ ...
Feb 4, 2003

I want to install a software (Wordfast) on my laptop with op.sys Windows XP.

I have two options, one which is manual and which I can\'t make out at all, and the other automatic, but I must enable macros first.

How do I do this?

Please bear in mind that I struggle when it comes to computers, so keep it simple!

Thanks in advance!

Ivan Eikås Skjøstad
Ivan Eikås Skjøstad  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 17:21
Member (2002)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Like this Feb 4, 2003

In Word:

Open Tools-macro-sequrity-low

Here you set the \"low\" setting, that will enable macros to be run. When you click on the \"wordfast.dot\" I think you should press shift+F2 to install it.

Otherwise: Go to \"My computer\" Choose tools-folder options, and then \"view\". Enable \"show hidden files..\". When you have done this it should be possible to find the startup folder for word here using a path like this one: C:\\Documents
... See more
In Word:

Open Tools-macro-sequrity-low

Here you set the \"low\" setting, that will enable macros to be run. When you click on the \"wordfast.dot\" I think you should press shift+F2 to install it.

Otherwise: Go to \"My computer\" Choose tools-folder options, and then \"view\". Enable \"show hidden files..\". When you have done this it should be possible to find the startup folder for word here using a path like this one: C:\\Documents and Settings\\Your Name\\Application Data\\Microsoft\\Word\\STARTUP

Good luck
Collapse

sebastian lantos
sebastian lantos  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:21
English to Spanish
+ ...
as much as I know...it may help Feb 4, 2003

in XP if you got o Control Panel and then to \"add or remove programs\", then \"add new programs\", from there you can place the CD

good luck

(if the program you are adding needs a Windows based program like excel, publisher etc, your version of XP may not have this program. Windows XP comes in professional and small business.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Enabling macros - how?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »