Thread poster: Trudy Peters
Trudy Peters
Trudy Peters  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:26
German to English
+ ...
Apr 25, 2003

I bought the upgrade to PractiCount several days ago, paid for it, have the order confirmation, but no registration number! Two emails to their support dept. over the last few days have gone unanswered.

Every day, when I boot up, PractiCount is all over the screen, asking me to register. I always have to opt for \"continue evaluation\" just to get it off my screen. And the evaluation copy doesn\'t do what I bought it for -- counting .pdf files.

Does a
... See more
I bought the upgrade to PractiCount several days ago, paid for it, have the order confirmation, but no registration number! Two emails to their support dept. over the last few days have gone unanswered.

Every day, when I boot up, PractiCount is all over the screen, asking me to register. I always have to opt for \"continue evaluation\" just to get it off my screen. And the evaluation copy doesn\'t do what I bought it for -- counting .pdf files.

Does anybody know if they can be reached by phone??

Thanks for any suggestions you may have.

Trudy
Collapse

Evert DELOOF-SYS
Evert DELOOF-SYS  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 23:26
English to Dutch
+ ...
I just sent an email to Maxim of Practicount Apr 25, 2003

who should definitely react the moment he reads your (and my) message.

HTH
[addsig]

Trudy Peters
Trudy Peters  Identity Verified
United States
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, Evert! Apr 25, 2003

We\'ll see...

Trudy

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Not an isolated case Apr 27, 2003

Hi Evert,

Laura Hastings posted a thread describing pretty much the same problem - have you had any feedback yet?

TIA, Ralf

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
I think this is related too Apr 27, 2003

Hi

I think this strange case is also related to PractiCount and PractiLine.

They were looking for testers but the website isn\'t available.

http://www.proz.com/?sp=bb/viewtopic&topic_id=10378&forum_id=44

Evert DELOOF-SYS
Evert DELOOF-SYS  Identity Verified
Belgium
English to Dutch
+ ...
Just go to www.practicount.com Apr 27, 2003

The other website address is no longer available.
[addsig]

Laura Hastings-Brownstein
Laura Hastings-Brownstein
Local time: 14:26
English to Spanish
+ ...
My solution to PratiCount's nonchalant attitude Apr 27, 2003

Hi Trudy,

Have you gotten your registration number?

I actually posted a long-winded (sorry, folks) message yesterday on the Localization forum, about the fact that I did not get my registration code in 24 hours! Which I think is too long to wait anyway!

What I did was to write to [email protected] the following rather \"threatening\" email. I received the registration
... See more
Hi Trudy,

Have you gotten your registration number?

I actually posted a long-winded (sorry, folks) message yesterday on the Localization forum, about the fact that I did not get my registration code in 24 hours! Which I think is too long to wait anyway!

What I did was to write to [email protected] the following rather \"threatening\" email. I received the registration number TOUT SUITE!! What a coincidence, huh?

============Quote====================================

I was promised a registration code within 24 hours of the time (3:07 PM EST) I purchase this software. It is now 8:10 PM EST and I still have not received the promised registration code. Of course, I noticed that my credit card was charged RIGHT AWAY!

I found your ad on [...site name removed...]. I intend to go to the forums RIGHT NOW and announce to everyone the lack of professionalism shown by your company.

I will post similar information on ProZ.com as well as on my website for translators (www.tcrlist.com). You should know that that as of today, the TCR website has had 19034 visitors since May, 2003 - around 200 hits a week - all translators.

I also run a couple of email lists for translators and I am also going to write to those lists and let the members know just what your company is all about.

I would certainly rethink my policies in the future. I doubt the translator community will be very supportive of this lack of interest shown after obtaining the money and then just not BOTHERING to send the registration code!!!

I am appalled and I think the rest of the community will also be.

Hope you get just what your behavior entitles you to.

Laura H. Hastings

Member/ProZ.com

Owner/Moderator/TCR List

Owner/Moderator/TCR Chat list

Owner/www.tcrlist.com

============Unquote====================================

I know this was not very polite, but I had sent several polite emails and had gotten nowhere.

The reason I think this is not acceptable behavior is that anyone who can write a complicated software like PractiCount can surely write a little script to automatically generate a registration number and then send it in a form email, don\'t you think? Then the owner wouldn\'t have to do anything himself. He can be asleep and still take care of his clients!

I should also say that he noted in the email with the code that they were \"having problems with their server\", but I don\'t know if that is true or not. I am sorry to say that it doesn\'t ring true. Maybe it is, but we will never know, will we?

What we know is that it is a fact that people are being ignored. I know if it were me, I would I would take care of ANY problem that kept me from answering my clients. And that includes my TCR clients. And it wouldn\'t take me several days, I can tell you!

Hope you got your registration code. That is sickening.

Regards,

Laura

Quote:

On 2003-04-25 16:53, Trudy wrote:

Does anybody know if they can be reached by phone??

Thanks for any suggestions you may have.

Trudy

Collapse

Ulrike Lieder (X)
Ulrike Lieder (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:26
English to German
+ ...
In memoriam
Check Practicount's recent posting Apr 27, 2003

Maxim just posted a notice under

http://www.proz.com/?sp=bb/viewtopic&forum_id=19&topic_id=10538

indicating that they\'ve been having some serious problems with their ISP.

[ This Message was edited by: uel on 2003-04-28 02:41]

PractiCount News Apr 29, 2003

Dear friends,

I would like to announce that the current address for PractiCount and Invoice has changed to http://www.practiline.net until we get our main websites (practiline.com and practicount.com) back in shape.

We are terribly sorry for the inconvenience our temporary forced absence during the last week might have caused you. We are taking all the measures and precautions for such not to h
... See more
Dear friends,

I would like to announce that the current address for PractiCount and Invoice has changed to http://www.practiline.net until we get our main websites (practiline.com and practicount.com) back in shape.

We are terribly sorry for the inconvenience our temporary forced absence during the last week might have caused you. We are taking all the measures and precautions for such not to happen again.

Best regards,

Maxim Siefer

Practiline Software

[email protected]

http://www.practiline.net
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems with PractiCount

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »