Thread poster: Marta Stelmaszak (X)
Marta Stelmaszak (X)
Marta Stelmaszak (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:23
Polish to English
+ ...
Jul 26, 2011

Dear Colleagues,

I am a Polish English translator and interpreter, but most of all I research translation studies. It means that I also take theoretical approach to our job.

I would like to ask for your help in a new research project: “Social Media in Translation”. I h
... See more
Dear Colleagues,

I am a Polish English translator and interpreter, but most of all I research translation studies. It means that I also take theoretical approach to our job.

I would like to ask for your help in a new research project: “Social Media in Translation”. I have described it a little better in here: Social Media in Translation. All you need to do is to spend 15-20 minutes answering questions in the survey, which you can take directly from my website, or simply go to Survey Gizmo.

Your answers are extremely important in the development of translation studies. But also finding the results will mean that you get access to a collective response from other translators and interpreters. We can all learn from our experience to use Social Media more effectively!

If you would like to know more, I am always happy to answer any questions either here or through my website. You can also find me on Twitter and Facebook.

Kind regards,
Marta Stelmaszak
Collapse

Irina Dicovsky - MD (X)
Irina Dicovsky - MD (X)  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Can your email self-destruct in 5 secs? LOL Sep 4, 2011

Hi,
I just answered your survey and when I went back to my webmail inbox, your email had disappeared (even from the trash bin). I got worried, thinking I could have been object of a virus attack that could have infected my pc. Having discarted this with my virus scanner, I tried to find an explanation, finding your posting here.
Is your survey still active? Could I have received your request to answer the survey today?
Best regards,
Irina

Nicole Schnell
Nicole Schnell  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:23
English to German
+ ...
In memoriam
Another Facebook marketing stunt? Sep 4, 2011

I am getting tired of this stuff. I hope that you at least will get paid for your effort and that you did not fall for any of those crowd sourcing schemes that make any participant feel so awfully important.

Marta Stelmaszak (X)
Polish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
... or someone doing research Sep 4, 2011

Dear Nicole,

Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm actually doing that research myself. I'm interested in this subject and I see no reason why it should be treated with any less respect than other translation environment studies.

I am planning to write my research project and the only reason why I asked for other translators' help is to get valid answers and responses.

By no means I feel awfully important, but I see no point in attacking any initiatives.

Nicole Schnell
United States
English to German
+ ...
In memoriam
Who on earth is attacking you? Sep 4, 2011

Marta Stelmaszak wrote:

Dear Nicole,

Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm actually doing that research myself. I'm interested in this subject and I see no reason why it should be treated with any less respect than other translation environment studies.

I am planning to write my research project and the only reason why I asked for other translators' help is to get valid answers and responses.

By no means I feel awfully important, but I see no point in attacking any initiatives.

I love those studies - usually conducted by students - I started answering yours, and it turned out to be nearly word for word the same stuff that I answered only a few days ago.

Marta Stelmaszak (X)
Polish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Another survey? Sep 4, 2011

Dear Nicole,

Your answer really worries me now, as I have started my survey almost 2 months ago! If it was redundant, sorry for that. I didn't know that there was another survey covering the same subject going around.

Well, "Another Facebook marketing stunt" is not really a positive opinion.

Nicole Schnell
United States
English to German
+ ...
In memoriam
You can do a forum search Sep 4, 2011

Marta Stelmaszak wrote:

Dear Nicole,

Your answer really worries me now, as I have started my survey almost 2 months ago! If it was redundant, sorry for that. I didn't know that there was another survey covering the same subject going around.

Unfortunately I cannot recall the precise precise date of the survey - those survey bots never allow you to keep a copy or even a bookmark.

Well, "Another Facebook marketing stunt" is not really a positive opinion.

No, most definitely not. I have to translate too much of what's going on behind the curtain.

Edited for typo.

[Edited at 2011-09-04 12:55 GMT]

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Social Media in Translation Survey - Research Project

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »