MikeTrans
MikeTrans
Germany
Local time: 04:17
Italian to German
+ ...
Aug 18, 2011

Hello,

I very rarely use it: adding pictures to my topics in the forums; but if technical matters become too complex, an image says 1000 words... It would also be the first time since my membership in 2005...

The Tutorial from Gianfranco Manca (Profile section) doesn't seem to work anymore, as I get an adress error when I
... See more
Hello,

I very rarely use it: adding pictures to my topics in the forums; but if technical matters become too complex, an image says 1000 words... It would also be the first time since my membership in 2005...

The Tutorial from Gianfranco Manca (Profile section) doesn't seem to work anymore, as I get an adress error when I try to access the folder
http://www.proz.com/home/xxxxxxx/pics/

I need to add a descriptive Print Screen in my topic and would highly appreciate any help about how to achieve this!

Thanks very much for an answer!

Greets,
Mike

[Edited at 2011-08-18 10:51 GMT]
Collapse

Diana Coada (X)
Diana Coada (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:17
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Dropbox Aug 18, 2011

Upload your pictures to your Dropbox public folder. When you right-click on them you will get the option to ''copy public address link''. Include the link in the html code. This is what I have for the picture in my profile:

img src="include link here" width=''10'' height=''20'' (with < and > at the beginning and at the end)

Hope this helps.

[Edited at 2011-08-18 11:19 GMT]

MikeTrans
MikeTrans
Germany
Italian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Diana, Aug 18, 2011

with "Dropbox public folder" do you mean the "About Me" window in the Personalization section of your profile?

Mike

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
BBcode for forums Aug 18, 2011

ProZ FAQ explains how to add a picture to a forum post here:
http://www.proz.com/faq/forums.html#what_is_bbcode_and_how_can_i_use_it_in_the_forums_

So first you have to upload your picture somewhere public (i.e. to a public Dropbox account, as Diana suggests, or to ImageShack).

Then you enclose your direct link inside [
... See more
ProZ FAQ explains how to add a picture to a forum post here:
http://www.proz.com/faq/forums.html#what_is_bbcode_and_how_can_i_use_it_in_the_forums_

So first you have to upload your picture somewhere public (i.e. to a public Dropbox account, as Diana suggests, or to ImageShack).

Then you enclose your direct link inside [img]...[/img] in the post itself.

HTH
Collapse

Diana Coada (X)
Diana Coada (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:17
Portuguese to English
+ ...
@Mike Aug 18, 2011

Go to www.dropbox.com and create an account. Once created you will have in your account a public folder by default. Upload your picture to that folder and then right-click for the link that you can include in the html code.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help: I need to add a picture to my topic

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »