Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
To be absolutely eclectic or to take part without any kind of ambiguities? That is the question...
Thread poster: Pablo Bouvier
Libero_Lang_Lab
Libero_Lang_Lab  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:07
Russian to English
+ ...
Breaking the code Dec 13, 2009

Pablo Bouvier wrote:

The questions is: Should ProZ be absolutely eclectic and allow that some of ours colleagues discredits the whole translation sector describing senseless behaviours of itself at some forums or should it take part for the translators and the translation sector without any kind of ambiguities?

[Editado a las 2009-12-06 20:30 GMT]

Perhaps anyone who has the answer to the question above, might also be able to shed some light on a conundrum that has puzzled me for many years: What is the difference between a mouse?

Pablo Bouvier
Pablo Bouvier  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:07
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
To be absolutely eclectic or to take part without any kind of ambiguities? That is the question... Dec 13, 2009

[quote]Laurent KRAULAND wrote:

Pablo Bouvier wrote:
Hi Niraja: I am afraid, I cannot give you more explicit information since it would infringe Proz rules. So I am going to consider this topic as finished. The question was more or less if ProZ should avoid to support explicitly certain translators behaviours that seems, at least to me, not to be very in accordance with generally recognized practices.

is that, in the fora for example, some colleagues ask questions, ignore the answers given as replies and do come back with the very same questions two weeks or more after having received a clear, professional and unequivocal answer. It is obvious, in such cases, that the person answering matters as much as the answer given and that only a few answers are eligible for a "Thank you!". And believe me, this has nothing to do with structural/linguistic miscomprehension...
A bit OT, but I now see why features such as KudoZ can become a living hell to some. Personal likes and dislikes may be allowed to rule.

The problem is not exactly this. The problem is that I am not (and do not want to be...) able to understand how it is possible to give support to an attitude as that of subcontracting a third persone for a translation without verifying his credentials, do not requesting him any translation test nor reference texts, and to send the translation to the client without bothering at least to verify it earlier. And this has nothing to do with personal likes or dislikes, neither with ProZrules. It has to do with professionalism and commen sense. O, better said, with the lack of them.

[Editado a las 2009-12-13 15:13 GMT]

Laurent KRAULAND (X)
Laurent KRAULAND (X)  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 18:07
French to German
+ ...
OT: Coluche style Dec 13, 2009

Dan Brennan wrote:

Perhaps anyone who has the answer to the question above, might also be able to shed some light on a conundrum that has puzzled me for many years: What is the difference between a mouse?

The French comedian Coluche made it ever shorter by asking: "What is the difference between?" (« Quelle est la différence entre ? »). Now try to answer this - not aimed at Dan in particular... and enjoy!

[Edited at 2009-12-13 16:22 GMT]

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

To be absolutely eclectic or to take part without any kind of ambiguities? That is the question...

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »