ProZ.com Premium membership: what is it and what does it include?
Thread poster: IrinaN
IrinaN
IrinaN
United States
Local time: 18:14
English to Russian
+ ...
Feb 5

Premium membership...

"Sorry, you are not welcome here"

I am curious - how does Proz plan to lure more members into additional membership payments if mere mortals can not even do window shopping to get the most general idea without any practical access to the royal privileges????

Pay first, check your luck later?

No, personally I am not interested in any membership, I simply got
... See more
Premium membership...

"Sorry, you are not welcome here"

I am curious - how does Proz plan to lure more members into additional membership payments if mere mortals can not even do window shopping to get the most general idea without any practical access to the royal privileges????

Pay first, check your luck later?

No, personally I am not interested in any membership, I simply got curious but this door being slammed shut in our faces is ... let's say a bit rude and totally senseless.

In case I have missed other Proz sources of some enlightening information and was not aware of their existence, I apologize for being the only one uneducated.
Collapse

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Benefits included in the new Premium monthly membership option Feb 9

Hello IrinaN,

Benefits included in the new Premium monthly membership option are described here: https://go.proz.com/premium

I'm not sure of what you mean by "this door being slammed shut in our faces is," but I guess it has to do with some of the benefits included in the Premium such as dedicated forums (AI community forum and Website community forum) and Pastey, ProZ.com's new AI t
... See more
Hello IrinaN,

Benefits included in the new Premium monthly membership option are described here: https://go.proz.com/premium

I'm not sure of what you mean by "this door being slammed shut in our faces is," but I guess it has to do with some of the benefits included in the Premium such as dedicated forums (AI community forum and Website community forum) and Pastey, ProZ.com's new AI tool. If so, yes, just as many of the benefits included in membership, access is restricted to those who support their development and improvement, that is, paying members.

I'm sorry that you perceive this as "a bit rude and totally senseless," but granting access to benefits to those who pay is what most businesses (all?) do, and ProZ.com is no exception. However, unlike many other businesses, ProZ.com has been having one-on-one calls with paying members (and a few site users too) to show them what is included in their membership package and help them get the best out of their investment.

You say you are not interested in membership, but if you change your mind, please let me know, and I'll personally give you a call. Site staff taking calls are really enjoying talking to the community on a daily basis, getting to know those behind screens, and giving them personal attention—some are even getting their websites created in real-time!

Thanks for posting, and please let me know if you have any more doubts or if you need help with anything else.

Lucia
Collapse

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 01:14
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Irina Feb 9

IrinaN wrote:
No, personally I am not interested in any membership, I simply got curious but this door being slammed shut in our faces is ... let's say a bit rude and totally senseless.

When you try to visit the two forums for Premium members, it shows a polite message "Sorry! This forum is exclusively for ProZ.com members subscribed to the monthly premium membership option" plus a link to a page about the Premium plan.

It's a little unfortunate that the category title for those subforums is "Member-only forums", because they are not member-only forums -- they are premium-member-only forums.

Can you tell us more about where you saw the messages that indicated that a door had been slammed in your face or that you are not welcome?

Once you visit the URL go.proz.com/premium, it should be clear what the Premium plan is: it's a revamp of the web hosting service plus access to AI tools. At this time, membership is restricted to people who apply virtually, but I'm guessing this is just a way for ProZ.com to figure out what members' needs are by speaking to members directly.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ProZ.com Premium membership: what is it and what does it include?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »