Thread poster: Jacques DP
Jacques DP
Jacques DP  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 19:12
English to French
Mar 10, 2010

Hello there,

In the WWA box in profiles, we have: a plain text link on "Positive entries" pointing to entries, an emphasized text link on "Make entry", and finally an image link on the star pointing to... well, just click and you'll see! (Actually it points to a help message.)

The two issues I see with this are:
- there is no way to know what the star links to
- the "make entry" gets more stress than the "positive entries", which is wrong, as a large majorit
... See more
Hello there,

In the WWA box in profiles, we have: a plain text link on "Positive entries" pointing to entries, an emphasized text link on "Make entry", and finally an image link on the star pointing to... well, just click and you'll see! (Actually it points to a help message.)

The two issues I see with this are:
- there is no way to know what the star links to
- the "make entry" gets more stress than the "positive entries", which is wrong, as a large majority of people will want to see entries, and a tiny minority will want to make a new entry (and in that tiny minority, a large majority will have been asked to do so anyway)

What I would do:
- a click mostly anywhere in the box leads to viewing entries
- two SMALL links leads to help (usually a "?") and new entry creation, respectively

Thanks and keep up the good work!
Collapse

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 14:12
SITE STAFF
Thanks Jacques, good points Mar 10, 2010

Hello Jacques,

Thanks, good suggestions. I'll add these for development.

Best regards,

Jared

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

A small issue in profile visitor view UI

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »