Thread poster: Jessica Noyes
Jessica Noyes
Jessica Noyes  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:40
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jun 9, 2009

It's great to see the key words so easily on the visitors' page without having to click in to see them. It always helps to know if someone was looking for you, specifically, or if they googled some other words that appear in your profile.

Finlegal (X)
Finlegal (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Romanian
+ ...
Jun 9, 2009

[Edited at 2009-06-10 14:06 GMT]

Colin Brady
Colin Brady  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 04:40
French to English
+ ...
Thanks for noticing! Jun 10, 2009

Hi Jessica,

I'm glad you noticed!

Knowing the keywords that visitors searched for to find your profile can be very useful. If anyone reading this hasn't updated the search engine optimization (SEO) section of their profile, you might consider doing that now:

http://www.proz.com/settings/freelancer/seo

A few tips:

- Currently, the
... See more
Hi Jessica,

I'm glad you noticed!

Knowing the keywords that visitors searched for to find your profile can be very useful. If anyone reading this hasn't updated the search engine optimization (SEO) section of their profile, you might consider doing that now:

http://www.proz.com/settings/freelancer/seo

A few tips:

- Currently, the title tag has the most weight (at least for Google)
- Don't use too many keywords. The more you use, the less weight each one will have.
- Consider changing your profile URL to /translator/*** or /interpreter/***
- Monitor your visitors tab in your profile to see how many people are visiting your profile, and with what keywords. Adjust your keywords and title tag accordingly.
- Fill in the "About me" section of your profile

If anyone has any questions, feel free to post or contact me.

Best Wishes,
Colin
Collapse

Attila Piróth
Attila Piróth  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 09:40
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Thank you, Colin! Jun 11, 2009

It is a nice and useful improvement -- along with another, recently implemented one, in which links have been added to visits coming from directory searches, enabling the profile owners to check by a single click their ranking in the particular category that the visitor was looking for.

I hope this is the appropriate place to suggest a few more improvements to the visitor tab:

• Please add clickable links for visits coming from KudoZ pa... See more
It is a nice and useful improvement -- along with another, recently implemented one, in which links have been added to visits coming from directory searches, enabling the profile owners to check by a single click their ranking in the particular category that the visitor was looking for.

I hope this is the appropriate place to suggest a few more improvements to the visitor tab:

• Please add clickable links for visits coming from KudoZ pages: the profile owner would then be redirected to the KudoZ question from where the visitor came. (Adding the source and target term to the "Keyword" column can be a useful extra, too.)
  • Please add clickable links for visits coming from forum pages: the profile owner would then be redirected to the forum post from where the visitor came. (Adding the title of the forum post to the "Keyword" column can be a useful extra, too.)
  • The meaning of "Index"(as a place from where the visitor came) is not clear to me. If the old and new directories are distinguished in this way (one is called "directory" and the other "index"), then adding similar links would be very useful.
  • Would it be possible to separate off further meaningful categories from large generic "Other"? What falls into this category?
  • "Direct link/Unknown" is not entirely clear to me, either. If this category is made up of two separate categories, it would worth separating them. It would also mean that "Direct links" are, to some extent, identifiable -- could more information be included then?

Kind regards,
Attila
Collapse

Yelena Pestereva
Yelena Pestereva  Identity Verified
Israel
English to Russian
+ ...
I can't... Jun 12, 2009

open the visitors' page of my profile. Some other page devoted to ProZ membership is opening instead. My membership will expire only in a half of a year so I wonder why I am reminded about necessity to renew it and have no access to the visitors' page.

[Edited at 2009-06-12 02:38 GMT]

Mirko Mainardi
Mirko Mainardi  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 09:40
English to Italian
Very old thread... Jan 17, 2016

... but I couldn't find an answer in the FAQ and this is the only related thread I could find on the fora, so...

I only wanted to know what happened to the "keywords" feature in the "Visitors" tab discussed in this thread, as I can only see blank spaces under "Visitors", "Visits" and "Search engines".

TIA

Matheus Gui

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Key words shown on visitors' page

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »