e-mail glitch with ProZ-hosted accounts?
Thread poster: Patricia Rosas
Patricia Rosas
Patricia Rosas  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:23
Spanish to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Sep 29, 2008

Hi, friends:

On September 17, I submitted a support ticket asking if one of the ProZ mail servers had had a glitch. The motive for this yes/no question arose in August when a client e-mailed me for 10 days; I didn't get any of the messages until the 14th day, when they all arrived en masse. A week later, the same thing happened with a friend (27 messages from a two-week period all arrived at the same moment). She uses Yahoo and wanted to blame them for the problem, but my client's
... See more
Hi, friends:

On September 17, I submitted a support ticket asking if one of the ProZ mail servers had had a glitch. The motive for this yes/no question arose in August when a client e-mailed me for 10 days; I didn't get any of the messages until the 14th day, when they all arrived en masse. A week later, the same thing happened with a friend (27 messages from a two-week period all arrived at the same moment). She uses Yahoo and wanted to blame them for the problem, but my client's company has its own server, so I suspected that the problem was at my end.

As of today, I've had no response to the ticket except a message that it had been forwarded to someone. I wrote again last week and got a rather short "reminder" that it had been "forwarded."

Has anyone else whose e-mail account is through ProZ experienced this?

Obviously, I'm very, very concerned that I'm missing important messages. I just want some clarification that it either is a ProZ problem -- in which case, I'll write all my clients from a different account to give them a heads up -- or if it isn't, I'd appreciate some help in understanding the root cause.

Thanks for any help you care to extend!

Patricia
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

e-mail glitch with ProZ-hosted accounts?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »