Does number of questions cast doubts on sample translations?
Thread poster: Susanna Garcia
Susanna Garcia
Susanna Garcia  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:47
Italian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Jun 28, 2010

One for outsourcers really; when looking for a translator, do you look at the number of Kudoz questions asked, the degree of difficulty involved, then view the asker's sample translations and wonder if it's the asker's own work if a large number of questions has been posted? Just curious if this was another criterion in the selection process.

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 22:47
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Selection process Jun 28, 2010

I seldom outsource, but when I do I look, first of all, at the leader board for that language combination, then at the answers given to questions on that topic and finally at the winners of the translation contests. I have never looked at the questions posted...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Does number of questions cast doubts on sample translations?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »