Arabic- English Professional Translation Memory/ Terms Management Software Packages.
Thread poster: Hassan Bakoush
Hassan Bakoush
Hassan Bakoush
Local time: 15:18
English to Arabic
+ ...
Mar 10, 2006

3/10/2006.

Greetings to all:

Can someone kindly help me by recommending, "wihtout any obligation whatsoever", a GOOD Arabic- English software package(s) that can handle for me "hopefully" the following two tasks:

1) Recycling (or reusing) about 25 thousand A4 pages of my legacy Arabic- English (translated) documents, saved in MS-Word file format

2) Feeding (in batches NOT individually) into such package about 3 three million Arabic- English
... See more
3/10/2006.

Greetings to all:

Can someone kindly help me by recommending, "wihtout any obligation whatsoever", a GOOD Arabic- English software package(s) that can handle for me "hopefully" the following two tasks:

1) Recycling (or reusing) about 25 thousand A4 pages of my legacy Arabic- English (translated) documents, saved in MS-Word file format

2) Feeding (in batches NOT individually) into such package about 3 three million Arabic- English terms saved in numerous MS-Word two columned files.

For your kind information, the main purpose of such a task is to enable me to expedite a lot my future translations from Arabic into English and vice-versa.

Thank you for your kind attention and generous help in this respect.

Best Regards.

Hassan Bakoush
Sworn Translator
Tripoli- Libya
Collapse

Dina Abdo
Dina Abdo  Identity Verified
Palestine
Local time: 16:18
Member (2005)
Arabic
+ ...
Trados, but .. Mar 12, 2006

I'd suggest viewing this link before going on:

http://www.proz.com/post/309742

Good Luck

Nesrin
Nesrin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:18
English to Arabic
+ ...
Appears to be a lot of hard work though Mar 13, 2006

I was about to post the same link to that question (which I had posted).
As you can see from most of the replies I got, a lot of work seems to be involved in "feeding" Trados your previous translations, and several colleagues suggested that it's not really worth the trouble (Trados IS worth it, but feeding all your previous translations in it isn't).
I've decided to give it a try anyway and maybe just focus on the most important stuff. Will let you know when I've started.

Dina Abdo wrote:

I'd suggest viewing this link before going on:

http://www.proz.com/post/309742

Good Luck

Stephen Franke
Stephen Franke
United States
Local time: 06:18
English to Arabic
+ ...
Consider TranSphere software by AppTek Mar 18, 2006

Greetings... taHaiya Tayyiba wa b3ad..

Given how you describe your desired use to create and populate a bidirectional bilingual glossary, you might consider the Arabic-supported TranSphere (r) software by AppTek. Visit < www.apptek.com > for details.

As others mentioned, you're look ahead at a lot of "sweat equity" in your time and labor invested in entering those many terms the first time
... See more
Greetings... taHaiya Tayyiba wa b3ad..

Given how you describe your desired use to create and populate a bidirectional bilingual glossary, you might consider the Arabic-supported TranSphere (r) software by AppTek. Visit < www.apptek.com > for details.

As others mentioned, you're look ahead at a lot of "sweat equity" in your time and labor invested in entering those many terms the first time around (Allah yuqawwiikum...).

Hope this helps.

Khair, in shaa' Allah.

Regards,

Stephen H. Franke
San Pedro, California
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Arabic- English Professional Translation Memory/ Terms Management Software Packages.

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »