Arabic font of the qur'an
Thread poster: Suzanne Chabot
Suzanne Chabot
Suzanne Chabot
Local time: 08:00
Arabic to French
Jan 6, 2012

Assalamou alaykoum

I am translating from Arabic into French.

I use a CAT tool.

I have some problem with the specific front use to write the Qur'an : the name of this font is 'QCF'

It seems that this font is not a real font but a representation, i mean, a image... Each verse of the Qur'an has a special number...

My CAT tool does not recognize the verses of the Holly Qur'an, so i can not use Memory Translation and Machine Translation
... See more
Assalamou alaykoum

I am translating from Arabic into French.

I use a CAT tool.

I have some problem with the specific front use to write the Qur'an : the name of this font is 'QCF'

It seems that this font is not a real font but a representation, i mean, a image... Each verse of the Qur'an has a special number...

My CAT tool does not recognize the verses of the Holly Qur'an, so i can not use Memory Translation and Machine Translation.

Also, i can use only a CAT Tool that is integrated to MS Word to see it (wordfast or Metatexis) because i can not read the verses at all with other CAT Tools.

I am wondering if there is a conversion program for converting from QCF representation to the traditional Arabic alphabet ?

Jazakoum Allahou khrair!

Oum Ayoub
Collapse

ahmadwadan.com
ahmadwadan.com  Identity Verified
Saudi Arabia
Local time: 16:00
English to Arabic
+ ...
نص قابل للتحرير أم صورة Jan 6, 2012

وعليكم السلام

هل النص المصدر (القرآن الكريم) نص قابل للتحرير أم صورة؟

Suzanne Chabot
Suzanne Chabot
Arabic to French
TOPIC STARTER
I think this is images Jan 6, 2012

Wa alaykoum salam

I do not know exactly what to answer...

I can add text to the verse of the Qur'an if i type with my keyboard. So, it is possible to edit the text.

But, for each letter I type, one complete word add to the verse!This is very strange. If i type "H" for example, the word "Allah" is added in Arabic, if i type the letter "B", it add "Wa rasuluhu" in Arabic.

So, it seems that this is between the two, this is images and it is possib
... See more
Wa alaykoum salam

I do not know exactly what to answer...

I can add text to the verse of the Qur'an if i type with my keyboard. So, it is possible to edit the text.

But, for each letter I type, one complete word add to the verse!This is very strange. If i type "H" for example, the word "Allah" is added in Arabic, if i type the letter "B", it add "Wa rasuluhu" in Arabic.

So, it seems that this is between the two, this is images and it is possible to edit.

Do you understand?

Did I answer the question?
Collapse

Suzanne Chabot
Suzanne Chabot
Arabic to French
TOPIC STARTER
Numbers Jan 6, 2012

Also, i notice that the font QCF has a number beside it. Each verse has a special number.

For example, the first verse has the font "QCF_P196", the second one has the font "QCF_P242" and the third one : "QCF_P388"...

Suzanne Chabot
Suzanne Chabot
Arabic to French
TOPIC STARTER
I think there is nothing to do... except rewrite the verses Jan 7, 2012

Assalamou alaykoum

I tried to change this font for any other font in MS Word, but nothing works...

If there is no special program to convert theses fonts into the current ones, i think there is nothing to do.

The only solution i see is to remove the verses of the Qur'an in the original document, and to replace them with the same verses that have been written with another font.

Or, maybe, it is better to leave it as it is, anyhow, this is very
... See more
Assalamou alaykoum

I tried to change this font for any other font in MS Word, but nothing works...

If there is no special program to convert theses fonts into the current ones, i think there is nothing to do.

The only solution i see is to remove the verses of the Qur'an in the original document, and to replace them with the same verses that have been written with another font.

Or, maybe, it is better to leave it as it is, anyhow, this is very easy to find the translation of the holly Qur'an, i do not really need Machine translation or Translation memory...

I would like to ask your advice about it, if i change the font, witch font is the best one when working with a CAT tool? What about 'Time new Roman'? We can write in Arabic and in European languages with this font. It seems that this font is Working well with the two languages, isn't it? Or, another front is better?

Thank you for your advices.

Wassalam
Oum Ayoub
Collapse

TargamaT team
TargamaT team  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 15:00
Member (2010)
English to Arabic
+ ...
QCF Font Jan 8, 2012

Bonjour Oum ayoub,

You are using Quran in words from QCF:
http://www.qurancomplex.org/

You have to use a real font in order to have CAT tool. By the way if you are translating Koranic text you know that very good translations in French and no need to translate them.

Bonne traduction...

Oussama

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Arabic font of the qur'an

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »