crossWeb (in Chrome for Mac): How is styled text saved at the clipboard?
Thread poster: Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
May 7, 2022

When I have a target segment with styled text, I can copy this and paste it into the target editor: the character formatting will be maintained.

However, when I paste the clipboard's content to another app, e.g. Ms Word, the formatting is lost. How come?

I also noticed that when I copy a single styled word in crossWeb and paste it into the target editor, the formatting will be lost too.

So it seems that crossWeb has its own way of handling the in-segment fo
... See more
When I have a target segment with styled text, I can copy this and paste it into the target editor: the character formatting will be maintained.

However, when I paste the clipboard's content to another app, e.g. Ms Word, the formatting is lost. How come?

I also noticed that when I copy a single styled word in crossWeb and paste it into the target editor, the formatting will be lost too.

So it seems that crossWeb has its own way of handling the in-segment formatting.

I've tried pasting as rtf, html, used a service to markdown the formatting: all to no avail.

Does anyone have a clue what's happening here?
Collapse

Vorchuchelo
Vorchuchelo
Russian Federation
Formatting? May 9, 2022

What are you trying to do?

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
This May 9, 2022

Vorchuchelo wrote:

What are you trying to do?

https://youtu.be/wAt1sOs6xnU

Vorchuchelo
Vorchuchelo
Russian Federation
Still not clear May 12, 2022

I still do not understand what is your goal when you do copying of document texts into MSWord. What is the reason?

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
Preferred CAT tool May 12, 2022

Vorchuchelo wrote:

I still do not understand what is your goal when you do copying of document texts into MSWord. What is the reason?

crossWeb is not my preferred CAT tool.

Vorchuchelo
Vorchuchelo
Russian Federation
crossWeb is not my preferred CAT tool. May 12, 2022

Hans Lenting wrote:
crossWeb is not my preferred CAT tool.

Okay, this I can understand.

If you don't like the tool and don't know how to use it, you may definitely continue copying sentences one after another, instead of exporting the complete document to a file.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

crossWeb (in Chrome for Mac): How is styled text saved at the clipboard?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »