Is it possible to continue a translation with Across which was started in another computer?
Thread poster: Estefanía González
Estefanía González
Estefanía González  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:34
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 6, 2009

Hi everyone,

I have started a couple of days ago a translation with Across v.4.0 SP3 in my laptop. However, I would like to carry on the task in my PC.

Does anyone know how to accomplish this?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help

Kind regards,

Estefanía

PS. By the way, both my laptop and my PC work under Windows Vista.

[Edited at 2
... See more
Hi everyone,

I have started a couple of days ago a translation with Across v.4.0 SP3 in my laptop. However, I would like to carry on the task in my PC.

Does anyone know how to accomplish this?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help

Kind regards,

Estefanía

PS. By the way, both my laptop and my PC work under Windows Vista.

[Edited at 2009-02-06 14:54 GMT]
Collapse

Uwe Schwenk (X)
Uwe Schwenk (X)
United States
Local time: 21:34
English to German
2 choices Feb 6, 2009

You can either create a connection from the PC to the laptop and work like that or re-install across on the PC and always work from there.

I would recommend (after you finish this job) to give it some consideration on where you want to work permanently on and adjust accordingly.

If the job is not too big, finish it on the same computer. Unless you absolutely have to, I recommend against the switching of computers in the middle of a job.

Uwe

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is it possible to continue a translation with Across which was started in another computer?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »