First time working with Across, can you help me?
Thread poster: Vivien Werner-P
Vivien Werner-P
Vivien Werner-P  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:24
English to German
+ ...
Feb 4, 2009

Hello everybody,

I am sorry for asking this question, as I think I should have known the answer myself in the first place. And so I thought. Unfortunately, I don't know how to import the cap-file I got from my client into Across.

I expected a different file, as I did work with Across before.
Now I have a cap file and a password.

Can you explain me how this works?

Thank you very much for your help!

Vivien

... See more
Hello everybody,

I am sorry for asking this question, as I think I should have known the answer myself in the first place. And so I thought. Unfortunately, I don't know how to import the cap-file I got from my client into Across.

I expected a different file, as I did work with Across before.
Now I have a cap file and a password.

Can you explain me how this works?

Thank you very much for your help!

Vivien

[Edited at 2009-02-04 13:18 GMT]
Collapse

Telemarker
Telemarker
French to English
CAP file in Across Feb 4, 2009

Hi Vivien,
It's not too clear from your message if you're working on a standalone version or with an Across server? Here's what the online help says, :

What is a softkey or a cap file?

In Across, softkeys serve the easy connection between Across Clients and the Across Server and the authentication of users against the Server. For this reason, the softkey contains the Server IP address or the name of the Server as well as installation and user GUIDs. No passwords
... See more
Hi Vivien,
It's not too clear from your message if you're working on a standalone version or with an Across server? Here's what the online help says, :

What is a softkey or a cap file?

In Across, softkeys serve the easy connection between Across Clients and the Across Server and the authentication of users against the Server. For this reason, the softkey contains the Server IP address or the name of the Server as well as installation and user GUIDs. No passwords are saved in a softkey.

HTH
Collapse

Tarja Braun
Tarja Braun  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2008)
German to Finnish
+ ...
Double-click the CAP-file Feb 4, 2009

I have received two of those CAP-files. I just double-clicked them. Across will start automatically and create an account for this customer. After this you can download the files assigned to you on your customer's server.

Vivien Werner-P
Vivien Werner-P  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you very much for your help! Feb 4, 2009

Dear Telemarker dear Tarja,

Thank you so much for your quick response!
You told me just what I needed!

And I was stiff-necked and succeeded!

Thanks again and have a good day!

Vivien

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

First time working with Across, can you help me?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »