Are all imported TMs into Across becoming public?
Thread poster: Ali Bayraktar
Ali Bayraktar
Ali Bayraktar  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Member (2007)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Nov 24, 2008

Hi Everybody,

I am new to Across (I know General specifications) and want to know if the TMs which we have imported into it are becoming public?

Why am I asking this, because the program asks login and use SQL server, then to my opinion TMs should be public. If so then are there any ways to make them for personal use only?

Thanks in advance

M. Ali

Uwe Schwenk (X)
Uwe Schwenk (X)
United States
Local time: 12:47
English to German
TMS being private/public Nov 24, 2008

M. Ali Bayraktar wrote:

Hi Everybody,

I am new to Across (I know General specifications) and want to know if the TMs which we have imported into it are becoming public?

Why am I asking this, because the program asks login and use SQL server, then to my opinion TMs should be public. If so then are there any ways to make them for personal use only?

Thanks in advance

M. Ali

TMs do not become public. The login feature is based on the server environment in which the program runs.

When you install for example the Single-User version you create the database, and when you import the translations from other tools, it is still only your database.

Uwe

Ali Bayraktar
Ali Bayraktar  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Member (2007)
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
That's interesting! Mar 13, 2009

Recently I have imported in Across a TM consisting of 7000 Translation Units.
But the interesting thing that when I exported from across I have got 45 000 Translation Units.

And they includes entries dated 2001. I have not used neither Trados nor any CAT tool in 2001. And my other TMs do not include such old entries.

Can anybody explain me what happened and I got so many translation units back and where those old dated entries came from?

Uwe Schwenk (X)
Uwe Schwenk (X)
United States
Local time: 12:47
English to German
TM Import Mar 13, 2009

Did you maybe receive packages from a Client (CRU)?

Uwe

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Are all imported TMs into Across becoming public?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »