Has the issue with MultiTerm been fixed?
Thread poster: Brent Sørensen
Brent Sørensen
Brent Sørensen  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 00:29
Member (2016)
German to English
+ ...
Jul 8

Whenever there is a segment with two or more instances of a term, when I run a terminology verification, I get a warning saying that the term wasn’t used. This wasn’t always the case.

I now have a rather large project, where terms often appear several times in one segment. The terminology verification is now not so useful because I keep getting hundreds of false positive messages.

Anyone have any idea of how I can resolve this issue?

Mario Chávez
Mario Chávez
United States
Local time: 18:29
Member (Jun 2024)
English to Spanish
+ ...
The answer might surprise you Jul 10

Brent,

I have almost forgot it after many years, but your case illustrates one of the key reasons I dislike MultiTerm with a passion. A barrage of false positives is a drag on productivity and introduces inefficiencies in our workflow.

The problem is not exclusive of MultiTerm, however. While using memoQ 10 for the last two years in my previous job, I had to disable the terminology check because it was so cumbersome. I made do with Hunspell's spellchecker and bro
... See more
Brent,

I have almost forgot it after many years, but your case illustrates one of the key reasons I dislike MultiTerm with a passion. A barrage of false positives is a drag on productivity and introduces inefficiencies in our workflow.

The problem is not exclusive of MultiTerm, however. While using memoQ 10 for the last two years in my previous job, I had to disable the terminology check because it was so cumbersome. I made do with Hunspell's spellchecker and brought my subject matter knowledge and familiarity to bear instead.

So, my answer is: turn off the terminology verification for this large project.

Cheers,

MC

Brent Sørensen wrote:

Whenever there is a segment with two or more instances of a term, when I run a terminology verification, I get a warning saying that the term wasn’t used. This wasn’t always the case.

I now have a rather large project, where terms often appear several times in one segment. The terminology verification is now not so useful because I keep getting hundreds of false positive messages.

Collapse

Xanthippe
Xanthippe
France
Local time: 00:29
Member (2008)
Italian to French
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Try to set the minimum match value Jul 11

Brent Sørensen wrote:

The terminology verification is now not so useful because I keep getting hundreds of false positive messages.

Hello,

I know this problem!

You can try to:
1) go to the Terminology verifier
2) verification settings
3) set the minimum match value to 100 (by default this is set to 70)

I hope this helps!

[Modifié le 2024-07-11 13:56 GMT]

[Modifié le 2024-07-11 14:33 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Has the issue with MultiTerm been fixed?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Pastey
Your smart companion app

Pastey is an innovative desktop application that bridges the gap between human expertise and artificial intelligence. With intuitive keyboard shortcuts, Pastey transforms your source text into AI-powered draft translations.

Find out more »