How to add ApSIC xBench to Trados Studio 2024?
Thread poster: Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 05:03
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Jul 8

I have installed Trados Studio 2024. I have tried to reinstall xBench, but it seems I am not able to access it from within Studio projects. Do anyone have a suggestion on how to add it?

Xanthippe
Xanthippe
France
Member (2008)
Italian to French
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
We have to wait a little bit Jul 8

Roy Oestensen wrote:

I have installed Trados Studio 2024. I have tried to reinstall xBench, but it seems I am not able to access it from within Studio projects. Do anyone have a suggestion on how to add it?

Hello,
With each new release we always have to wait a bit for the plug-ins to be updated, so I assume that the Apsis xBench plug-in will soon be updated to work with Trados Studio 2024.

Personally, I can run Apsis xBench outside of Trados Studio 2024 and it works, but I cannot go directly into my Trados files to edit the segment I need to change.

I hope that my answer will help

[Modifié le 2024-07-08 15:46 GMT]

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 06:03
English to Russian
All plugins need upgrading Jul 8

It is not only ApSIC Xbench that needs upgrading. You can also experience issues with other non-RWS plugins.

Xanthippe
Sebastian Witte

Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Jul 8

Xanthippe wrote:
Personally, I can run Apsis xBench outside of Trados Studio 2024 and it works, but I cannot go directly into my Trados files to edit the segment I need to change.

Thank you. I have become quite used to starting xBench from within Studio, so I miss it. I hope I won't have too much trouble running xBench from outside the project I am interested in, though.

Roy

Xanthippe
Xanthippe
France
Member (2008)
Italian to French
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
yes Jul 9

Stepan Konev wrote:

It is not only ApSIC Xbench that needs upgrading. You can also experience issues with other non-RWS plugins.

Yes, I know

Xanthippe
Xanthippe
France
Member (2008)
Italian to French
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
X-bench outsite Trados Jul 9

Roy Oestensen wrote:

Xanthippe wrote:

Thank you. I have become quite used to starting xBench from within Studio, so I miss it. I hope I won't have too much trouble running xBench from outside the project I am interested in, though.

Roy

Apsis X-bench outsite Trados is very easy to use.

You can dowload it for free here => https://www.xbench.net/index.php/download
You have to choose ApSIC Xbench 2.9 - Build 474 (Non-Unicode, Freeware)

If you have some problems feel free to ask

Sebastian Witte

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to add ApSIC xBench to Trados Studio 2024?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »