Thread poster: Wojciech_Mat
Wojciech_Mat
Wojciech_Mat
Poland
Local time: 00:24
English to Polish
+ ...
Jun 28

Is it just me or from what I've seen the only visible difference between Studio 2024 and Studio 2022 is that now the AI plugin is an integral part of the software? From the point of view of a freelancer not much to be impressed with.

Michael Beijer

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:24
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
no real changes as far as I can see either Jun 28

Wojciech_Mat wrote:

Is it just me or from what I've seen the only visible difference between Studio 2024 and Studio 2022 is that now the AI plugin is an integral part of the software? From the point of view of a freelancer not much to be impressed with.

Yeah, not exactly worth the approximately €400 they want for the upgrade. I generally like to keep Studio up to date, even though I don't even use it because I use memoQ as my daily driver, but I am gonna wait until I really need to upgrade for whatever reason.

Wojciech_Mat

Wojciech_Mat
Wojciech_Mat
Poland
Local time: 00:24
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Agree Jun 28

Michael Beijer wrote:

Wojciech_Mat wrote:

Yeah, not exactly worth the approximately €400 they want for the upgrade. I generally like to keep Studio up to date, even though I don't even use it because I use memoQ as my daily driver, but I am gonna wait until I really need to upgrade for whatever reason.

I really don't see that much difference, too. For me, the last, let's say, revolutionary iteration was the 2017 where Fragment Matches and more extensive Autosuggest features were introduced.

From my point of view the biggest breakthrough in the field in recent years has been the development of DeepL and its excellent engine with the option to assemble a sentence from available synonyms. This is, in my opinion, the direction Trados should go.

[Zmieniono 2024-06-28 17:30 GMT]

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 01:24
English to Russian
Segmentation rules still disappear Jun 28

I can't try Trados 2024 at the moment, but users say the segmentation rules bug is still there. When you add a new segmentation rule, save it with OK, re-open the Segmentation rules and find it's gone. Oh my, they can't fix it for years. It makes me smile

John Fry
John Fry  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:24
Member (2010)
Japanese to English
+ ...
Asian languages Jun 28

If you work in Asian languages, you pretty much have to upgrade. The terminology identification and verification functions in Asian languages stopped working in that last update to Studio 2022 but they work now in Studio 2024.

Jan BE

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
2024? Jun 29

I didn't get any message from RWS about the new version ...

After reading the brochure, this is what caught my eye:

The new editor technology opens files faster and handles larger files more reliably and smoothly - it's about time!

Grammarly available in the editor

Support for macros created through the AutoHotkey scripting language - whatever that may mean ...

[Edited at 2024-06-29 05:20 GMT]

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 01:24
English to Russian
RE: 2024? Jul 4

You can download a trial version from their web page here: https://gateway.sdl.com/apex/communityknowledge?articleName=000012378

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2024 vs 2022

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »