[Subtitling Rates] Anyone know the subtitling price from English to Chinese?
Thread poster: lxh
lxh
lxh
Apr 29, 2007

Hello all,

I am a newer of subtitling work, and now I am discussing the subtitling price with client. Anyone know the subtitling price for subtitling from English to Simplified Chinese? in USD please.

1) subtitle translation
2) timing
3) burning translated subtitles on the movie/DVD
4) or total of all above

Thank you!!

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2009-03-15 18:16 GMT]

Juan Jacob
Juan Jacob  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 16:04
French to Spanish
+ ...
Where for? For who? What kind of material? Conditions? Apr 29, 2007

I see you are in China.
Is your client in China, is he a private company, government, little client, huge one, do you know him, or is he abroad, and same questions? And, what kind of material? Short, motion picture, a lot of dialogues, do you have a dialogue list? When are they going to pay you, how many copies, if so, without menu, with menu (what kind), etc...?
As you see, there are a lot of factors to consider, in China, in France, in Mexico, wherever.
Best of luck.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

[Subtitling Rates] Anyone know the subtitling price from English to Chinese?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »