Thread poster: Paula Tome (X)
Paula Tome (X)
Paula Tome (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:49
English to Portuguese
Aug 30, 2011

Hello,
I do not have a support contract and do not wish to buy one but I seem to be unable to load my SDL package. I never had this problem before. I get an error message relating to S42CMP.DELL and REGSV32.exe. I did try the Repair thing in Windows, it did not work. I do not know who to speak to, I get a lot of automated responses but no help.
Can anyone advise, please? I am thinking it might be an idea to remove the entire thing and start again. I have SDLTradosStudio2009_SP3_222
... See more
Hello,
I do not have a support contract and do not wish to buy one but I seem to be unable to load my SDL package. I never had this problem before. I get an error message relating to S42CMP.DELL and REGSV32.exe. I did try the Repair thing in Windows, it did not work. I do not know who to speak to, I get a lot of automated responses but no help.
Can anyone advise, please? I am thinking it might be an idea to remove the entire thing and start again. I have SDLTradosStudio2009_SP3_2229 and should also be able to open SDLX files. Many thanks!

[Edited at 2011-08-30 15:12 GMT]
Collapse

Teymur Suleymanov
Teymur Suleymanov  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:49
Russian to English
+ ...
Two system files missing Aug 30, 2011

It is a tricky task to determine which of your previously installed programs were using the Regsvr32.exe and S42CMP.DLL files. These are usually files in your C:/windows/system folder and if they get infected, the antivirus will just delete them, causing dependent programs to complain that their process "went orphaned".

The following set of instructions was provided by Philippe Rionde
... See more
It is a tricky task to determine which of your previously installed programs were using the Regsvr32.exe and S42CMP.DLL files. These are usually files in your C:/windows/system folder and if they get infected, the antivirus will just delete them, causing dependent programs to complain that their process "went orphaned".

The following set of instructions was provided by Philippe Riondel, cert. translator (http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/TW_users/message/53057)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SDL's Knowledge base article #2834 explain the problem and suggest a heavy
solution :

« # Error S42TMC.DLL failed to load or S42CMP.DLL failed to load:
This error can only be solved by uninstalling SDLX and doing a
reinstallation. After restarting the PC, the error warnings should no longer
appear. »

In fact, there is easier a solution.

Just locate the S42CMP.DLL in SDLx Folder (usually: C:\Program Files\SDL
International\SDLX), and in the contextual menu, click on 'Open with...'.

Then choose the regsvr32.exe file in the C:\Windows\System32 folder.

The dll should register successfully thanks to that exe.

You will then experiment the same problem with a 'S42TMC.DLL failed to load'
message. Do the same for that DLL, which is located in the same folder than the
first one.

In my case, the whole worked successfully, and I was able to open my ITD and
SDLx.

HTH
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks Philippe...

HTH
Teymur
Collapse

Paula Tome (X)
United Kingdom
English to Portuguese
TOPIC STARTER
Two system files missing/SDLTradosStudio2009_SP3_2229 Aug 30, 2011

Many thanks Teymur, I will try both solutions then and see what happens, very much appreciated!
Best regards
Paula

Paula Tome (X)
United Kingdom
English to Portuguese
TOPIC STARTER
Still unable to open files with SDL Trados 2007 Sep 5, 2011

Hi, I have reinstalled the whole thing, I seem to be able to open files in Studio and Trados but still cannot open itds and respective memories. I get the same error message as before (relating to the dll) and sometimes various error messages relating to the multiterm widget as well as "Object reference not set." Does anyone have any suggestions? Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks. Paula

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

My SDL package does not load up

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »