Recommendation about two softwares -- Everything (file search) and EVAcopy (versioning)
Thread poster: Shai Navé
Shai Navé
Shai Navé  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 10:17
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Jul 28, 2011

Hi everyone,
I want to recommend two softwares that I find very useful.
1. Everything -- small and very fast (no indexing required) tool for searching files. Those who organize their files in hierarchical structure and with a logic naming schemes will find it particularly useful, as the tool enables retrieving files in an instance.
Limitations: searches only by file name, limited to N
... See more
Hi everyone,
I want to recommend two softwares that I find very useful.
1. Everything -- small and very fast (no indexing required) tool for searching files. Those who organize their files in hierarchical structure and with a logic naming schemes will find it particularly useful, as the tool enables retrieving files in an instance.
Limitations: searches only by file name, limited to NTFS (Windows) file system.

2. EVACopy - Powerful sync tool. Ideal for content backups due to its versioning feature, flexibility, and the ease of retrieving/restoring previous version or the entire data (as simple as copy and pasting). The versioning feature makes is very handy for for anyone working with content, like translators. For more information, please read the manual.

[Edited at 2011-07-28 12:53 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Recommendation about two softwares -- Everything (file search) and EVAcopy (versioning)

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »