Dan Lucas  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:59
Member (2014)
Japanese to English
No gmail, yahoo, etc. for corporate clients Dec 6, 2022

ikeda45 wrote:
やはり、gmailなど、企業のドメイン名以外のメールアカウントは信用してはいけませんでした。

Thank you for reminding people of this. I can only agree and amplify.

We have seen people on the forum saying "My corporate client uses gmail and I've never had any problems" but these are the exceptions that prove the rule.

If you're dealing with a person who purports to represent a company, a good rule of thumb is to assume that they will not (and should not!) be using free email. In the last company at which I worked, webmail sites such as gmail were actually blocked by the corporate firewall.

This is so obvious that it really shouldn't need saying, but apparently there are (still) freelancers out there who naively believe that Big Company Inc. would not use the corporate domain to contact them, so...

Regards,
Dan

ikeda45
Kuochoe Nikoi-Kotei

Steven Ritchie
Steven Ritchie  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:59
Member (2011)
Japanese to English
+ ...
Not quite so obvious Dec 6, 2022

It is not as obvious as you say.

I contacted a small company with 5 stars through their Blueboard details to verify a "gmail.com" email from someone purporting to be the founder of said company.

I received an email back from the "gmail.com" email which showed they'd received my message via the Contact Company via the Blueboard option.

This doesn't seem to be a traditional .ltd company but another kind of one-man + perhaps team of translators setup.

ikeda45
ikeda45  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:59
Member (2007)
English to Japanese
TOPIC STARTER
私のケースは明らかだと思うが Dec 7, 2022

一般にgmailやyahooのドメインを使ったメールは避けるのが賢明でしょう。
ちなみに私のケースでは、この輩はproz.comに登録されていません。

ちなみに私も数年前ブルーボードで5つ星のフィンランドの会社(かどうか今となっては怪しいが)から仕事を依頼され、
最初の1、2回は支払われたけれど、3回目は踏み倒されたことがあります。他にも数人被害者
... See more
一般にgmailやyahooのドメインを使ったメールは避けるのが賢明でしょう。
ちなみに私のケースでは、この輩はproz.comに登録されていません。

ちなみに私も数年前ブルーボードで5つ星のフィンランドの会社(かどうか今となっては怪しいが)から仕事を依頼され、
最初の1、2回は支払われたけれど、3回目は踏み倒されたことがあります。他にも数人被害者がいました。
5つ星でも1年とか年数が短いのも用心するようになりました。

Steafan34 wrote:

It is not as obvious as you say.

I contacted a small company with 5 stars through their Blueboard details to verify a "gmail.com" email from someone purporting to be the founder of said company.

I received an email back from the "gmail.com" email which showed they'd received my message via the Contact Company via the Blueboard option.

This doesn't seem to be a traditional .ltd company but another kind of one-man + perhaps team of translators setup.
Collapse

Dan Lucas

Istvan Abosi
Istvan Abosi  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 17:59
Member (2005)
Hungarian to English
+ ...
I did a large job for this "company" and have not received the payment so far Feb 7, 2023

I have a complaint against Faigk Israfilof ([email protected]).
I did a large job for this "company" (https://ftslondon.co.uk [email protected] · +44 7930 322863. © 2021 F&T Services Ltd. Support by DIMARK.TEAM. © 2021 F&T Services Ltd. ) in October and at the end of November and have not received the payment so far.
Payment was su
... See more
I have a complaint against Faigk Israfilof ([email protected]).
I did a large job for this "company" (https://ftslondon.co.uk [email protected] · +44 7930 322863. © 2021 F&T Services Ltd. Support by DIMARK.TEAM. © 2021 F&T Services Ltd. ) in October and at the end of November and have not received the payment so far.
Payment was supposed to happen within 45 days, but still no payment and no response.
Collapse

ikeda45
Mark Pleas

Michael Newton
Michael Newton  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:59
Japanese to English
+ ...
Watch out! Feb 8, 2023

The name "Faigk Israfilof" sounds so fake it just screams "scam".

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Takeshi MIYAHARA[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

詐欺にお気を付けください

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »