put......against......的理解
Thread poster: clearwater
clearwater
clearwater
China
Local time: 18:00
English to Chinese
Dec 23, 2013

Marketing is in the midst of a performance revolution. The application of advanced analytics and plentiful data has allowed chief marketing officers (CMOs) to demonstrate the return on investment from marketing activities with a degree of precision that’s never been possible before. With companies spending as much as 10 percent of their annual budgets on marketing, depending on the industry—a whopping $1 trillion globally—{this rapidly developing ability to put hard numbers against marketi... See more
Marketing is in the midst of a performance revolution. The application of advanced analytics and plentiful data has allowed chief marketing officers (CMOs) to demonstrate the return on investment from marketing activities with a degree of precision that’s never been possible before. With companies spending as much as 10 percent of their annual budgets on marketing, depending on the industry—a whopping $1 trillion globally—{this rapidly developing ability to put hard numbers against marketing performance} is music to the ears of both CMOs and CFOs.

营销界正经历一场注重绩效的革命。运用高级分析技术和众多数据,让首席营销官(CMO)得以相当准确地证明营销活动的投资回报率,准确率之高是之前无法企及的。由于许多公司将年度预算中多达10%的比重投入到营销这块――多寡取决于具体行业(全球营销预算达到了惊人的1万亿美元),{如今能够迅速将凿数据与营销绩效结合起来,这对CMO和首席财务官(CFO)来说都是喜讯。}

感觉最后一句处理不太好,谢谢指正!
Collapse

MY Lim
MY Lim
Malaysia
Chinese to English
+ ...
To use hard numbers to measure marketing performance Dec 23, 2013

There must be a better way to put this in Mandarin, but I think “put hard numbers against marketing performance” essentially means “以实际数据来衡量(与证明)营销绩效”. Analytics now allow marketeers to measure/ demonstrate how well they’ve performed.

http://www.m4bmarketing.com/business-marketing-objectives/
When you don’t {put} numbe
... See more
There must be a better way to put this in Mandarin, but I think “put hard numbers against marketing performance” essentially means “以实际数据来衡量(与证明)营销绩效”. Analytics now allow marketeers to measure/ demonstrate how well they’ve performed.

When you don’t {put} numbers {against} what you want to achieve it makes your marketing more complicated.

[Edited at 2013-12-23 03:46 GMT]
Collapse

clearwater
clearwater
China
English to Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
谢谢! Dec 23, 2013

Sharon Lim wrote:

When you don’t {put} numbers {against} what you want to achieve it makes your marketing more complicated.

谢谢Sharon!

我觉得“以实际数据来衡量营销绩效”蛮好!

Jinhang Wang
Jinhang Wang  Identity Verified
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
同意这种理解 Dec 23, 2013

Sharon Lim wrote:

hard

■(of information) reliable, especially because based on something true or substantiated.
(信息,资料)可靠的;确凿无疑的;真实的

《新牛津英汉双解大词典》

拿实打实的数字与营销业绩做比较。

clearwater
clearwater
China
English to Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
A与B比较 Dec 23, 2013

J.H. Wang wrote:

Sharon Lim wrote:

hard

■(of information) reliable, especially because based on something true or substantiated.
(信息,资料)可靠的;确凿无疑的;真实的

《新牛津英汉双解大词典》

拿实打实的数字与营销业绩做比较。

版主的“拿实打实的数字与营销业绩做比较”似乎有问题:数字怎么可能与业绩相比较呢?
A与B相比较,那么A与B应该是同一类,那样才具有可比较性。

所以,我还是认为应该是Sharon的意思才对:以实际数据来衡量营销绩效。

Jinhang Wang
Jinhang Wang  Identity Verified
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
说的有道理 Dec 23, 2013

clearwater wrote:

J.H. Wang wrote:

Sharon Lim wrote:

hard

(信息,资料)可靠的;确凿无疑的;真实的

《新牛津英汉双解大词典》

拿实打实的数字与营销业绩做比较。

版主的“拿实打实的数字与营销业绩做比较”似乎有问题:数字怎么可能与业绩相比较呢?
A与B相比较,那么A与B应该是同一类,那样才具有可比较性。

所以,我还是认为应该是Sharon的意思才对:以实际数据来衡量营销绩效。

还是采用 Sharon 的版本好。

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

put......against......的理解

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »