Create a successful application portfolio
Gaining new clients is at the heart of our activity as freelancers. Translators who apply to work for agencies or direct clients often face the challenge of differentiating themselves from others in the selection process. The goal of this practical course is to teach ways to build a successful application portfolio. Students will learn ways to effectively highlight their skills and outline an accurate and compelling profile that will draw the attention of clients. We will explore how to select and organize relevant information and to format a professional CV in order to achieve a greater impact. We will also discuss strategies around recruitment processes to ensure translators don't miss any opportunity to leave a good impression.
- Freelancers starting in the translation industry
- Experienced freelancers seeking to expand their client base
Students will learn:
- how to develop successful application strategies;
- how to build a powerful CV, including improving the layout, selecting and organizing relevant information, and describing experiences clearly;
- how to adapt their application portfolio for targeted potential clients;
- how to present themselves in the accompanying e-mail, letter or phone call to make it to the next recruitment step;
- how to emphasize their specific added value, their main skills and fields of specialty, and their most valuable experiences.
- A printed copy of an updated CV.
Click to expand
- Describe a recruitment process from the client's point of view
- Discuss the role of CV and cover letter
- Analyze how to improve layout and content of CV and cover letter for greater impact
- Discuss why it is important to adapt applications to the targeted clients
- Learn how to adapt applications
- Discuss strategies to succeed in application processes
Software and system requirements (click to expand)
Click to expand
ProZ.com videos require a current flash player. Update here: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
With low bandwidth Internet connections the video playback may buffer and load slowly, in this case we recommend you wait the whole or most part of the video to load before playing.
Registration and payment information (click to expand)
Click to expand
Price: 15.00 USD
Click on the buy button on the right to purchase your seat Participation fee includes unlimited access to the recording. How do I purchase the video? To purchase your seat at this session please click on the "buy" button. After your payment is received, your status will be changed to “registered and paid” and an invoice and receipt of payment will be sent to you for your records. How do I access the video? Once the payment is processed you will be able to watch the video here.
Ioana Radoi (X) View feedback | View all courses
General discussions on this training
To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:
You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »
This discussion can also be accessed via the ProZ.com forum pages.