A comparison of translation memory tools
This video is an overview of the principles of translation memory systems and a comparison and analysis of the main CAT tools available in the market: SDL Trados Studio 2009, Wordfast (Classic & Pro), Across, memoQ and Atril Déjà vu.
Topics covered during the presentation:
Part 1: PowerPoint presentation with key features (will be available after the presentation)
* General information on the company of the tool
* Overview of different product versions
* An overview of the different key modules of a translation memory tool
* Integrated project management
* Translation memory
* Translation environment
* Terminology database
* An overview of the supported file formats
* Price information if available
Part 2: demonstration of the system
* Translation Memory is prefilled with demo data (tmx file will be available for the participants)
* Terminology database is prefilled with a couple of entries (csv file will be available for the participants)
* Translation of a Word document as an example showing the key features of the translation process:
* Project creation/ import of the document / opening a document
* Definition of the language combination and integrating a TM and a terminology database for this specific language combination
* The translation environment and the translation process
* Finishing a translation
* Exporting the translation /creating the translation
• Translators who have never used cat tools.
• Beginner CAT tool users.
• CAT tool users who want to gain an insight on the benefits of the different tools available in the market.
Click to expand
• ProZ.com videos require a current flash player http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
• With low bandwidth Internet connections the video playback may buffer and load slowly, in this case we recommend you wait the whole or most part of the video to load before playing.
Price and access information
Click to expand
Price : 15 USD
After you purchase access to this video please visit this link:
A comparison of translation memory toolsl
Nicole Keller View feedback | View all courses
General discussions on this training
To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:
You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »
This discussion can also be accessed via the ProZ.com forum pages.