English to Italian post-editors for IT content wanted
Job posted at: Jan 21, 2021 14:45 GMT (GMT: Jan 21, 2021 14:45) Job type:
Service required Languages:
: MT post-editing
English to Italian
espell translation & localization Ltd. is looking for MT post-editors from English to Italian.
End customer: A large US IT company (Top 10 SaaS)
Type of content: Help, Knowledge Base and User Documentation
Type of software products:
- Unified Communications and Collaboration (e.g. web conferencing, virtual PBX)
- Identity and Access Management (e.g. password manager)
- Customer Support automation, Remote Support
Volumes: So far we had a few projects between 10k–50k words, 50–200 k/year may be realistic, but may be split between several linguists
- Segments with TM matches between 85%–101% are leveraged from TM, 85–100% matches must be reviewed and edited as necessary
- Segments with lower or no TM matches are translated by MT engine and need to be post-edited
- Some final consistency checks to be performed for terminology, language conventions, plus automated QA & spell check across all segment types
MT engine type:
- Neural MT
- Custom-trained from 10 years’ worth of TMs for the products involved (help, user doc)
- Occasional LQA is used to identify engine pain points and to feed back corrected translations for typical errors in order to retrain the engine
- Terminology and automatic tag placement not supported
CAT tool: XTM w/ terminology engine
Resources to support post-editors:
- Rich TM and termbase resources for the products involved
- In-country language leads and in-house QA team to consult about linguistic preferences, do terminology research and check the UI of the different software products
- Possibility to submit queries during the projects and receive answers from the software developers
- Your overall translation and proofreading experience with references
- Your relevant post-editing experience for user documentation, help and similar content, including volumes
- Your full word rate for translation (for CAT segments, i.e. rate applicable to weighted CAT word count)
- Your word rate for post-editing (MT segments)
- Your hourly rate for other linguistic tasks (e.g. linguistic review or LQA if you offer that service)
- Your relevant CAT experience, including familiarity with XTM and terminology tools
Please confirm your availability for a 300-word test translation.
: Hungary Service provider targeting (specified by job poster):
Only (paying) ProZ.com members may quote Preferred specific fields:
IT (Information Technology) Preferred native language:
Target language(s) Subject field:
IT (Information Technology) Preferred software:
XTM Quoting deadline: Jan 26, 2021 14:00 GMT Delivery deadline: Jan 26, 2021 15:00 GMT
About the outsourcer:
This job was posted by a
ProZ.com Business member.
Note: You cannot quote because this job is closed.
Translation industry jobs
Jobs posted by outsourcers seeking quotes from language professionals.
The Blue Board
is a searchable database of language job outsourcers with feedback from service providers, and an important risk management tool. ProZ.com members have full access to the Blue Board.