Freelance Translator - Long Term Collaboration - EN, SE into NL (FI15O20)
Job posted at: Oct 15, 2020 17:28 GMT (GMT: Oct 15, 2020 17:28) Job type:
: Translation, Checking/editing, Copywriting, Transcreation
Confidentiality level Languages:
English to Finnish, Swedish to Finnish
We are looking for freelance linguists for long term collaboration on various projects.
Our usual assignments are translation, proofreading and terminology verification. Most of our clients are in the fashion and clothing industry, but occasionally we also receive texts from other domains such as photo and video equipment, homeware and furniture, appliances, user manuals, general marketing texts and SoMe posts, nursery and baby equipment,etc.
If you are interested in collaborating with us, please send your application to [HIDDEN] and copy the following code in the Subject Line: FI15O20
We would like to see the following in your application:
1. Your mother tongue (target language) - the requirement is Finnish.
2. Your source language(s) - the requirement is English and/or Swedish
3. Your relevant translation experience. You can attach a CV or a link to your website or a professional online profile (Proz, LinkedIn, etc.);
4. The information about CAT-tool licences that you own; We currently use Trados Studio for most of our projects.
5. Your rates: proposed rate for translation per source word*, rate per source word for bilingual review, hourly rate for any other type of task that is more suitable to be charged per hour, e.g. terminology work, proofreading, etc.
6. Your time zone.
*We use a discount scale for fuzzy matches for translation that will be shared with shortlisted candidates.
>>>Please respond to all six points in the email body and add the code FI15O20 in the Subject Line of the email. Without this code your application will be filtered out automatically.<<<
The three main steps in our recruitment process are:
1. Application Review and Screening
2. Short Interview (approx. 15-30 mins long online meeting)
3. Signing of our Service Agreement.
Please note that our business relationship will be: independent contractor - client, and not employee - employer. It is important that you are registered in your country of residence as self employed and/or owner of your business and that you can issue invoices.
!This job is reserved only for freelance linguists. Applications from agencies will not be considered.!
Due to expected high number of applications, we will be able to reply only to shortlisted candidates. Thank you for your understanding.
Thank you for your interest!
To be agreed Poster country
: Sweden Service provider targeting (specified by job poster):
Non-members may quote after 12 hours
Marketing Required native language:
Target language(s) Subject field:
Internet, e-Commerce Preferred software:
SDL TRADOS Quoting deadline: Oct 29, 2020 23:00 GMT Additional requirements:
Please apply only if you:
- are a native speaker of the target language
- have very good linguistic skills
- are able to issue invoices
- are proficient user of a CAT tool
About the outsourcer:
This job was posted by a Blue Board
outsourcer with a "likelihood of working again" average rating of 5
out of 5
Note: You cannot quote because this job is closed.
Contact person title: Translation Manager
Translation industry jobs
Jobs posted by outsourcers seeking quotes from language professionals.
The Blue Board
is a searchable database of language job outsourcers with feedback from service providers, and an important risk management tool. ProZ.com members have full access to the Blue Board.