How do I save a txlf file (Wordfast) as mqxliff?
Thread poster: Menachem Fischman
Menachem Fischman
Menachem Fischman
United States
Dec 30, 2020

Hi,

So I received an mqxliff file from a client. I was able to open it without a problem on WordFast. However, WF only allows me to save the work product as a txlf file which the client's memoq software does not recognize for some reason. I searched the web and came up with the following result, which I sent to the client and seems to address the problem, but he claims it did not help
... See more
Hi,

So I received an mqxliff file from a client. I was able to open it without a problem on WordFast. However, WF only allows me to save the work product as a txlf file which the client's memoq software does not recognize for some reason. I searched the web and came up with the following result, which I sent to the client and seems to address the problem, but he claims it did not help:

https://www.proz.com/forum/memoq_support/332197-i_cant_import_files_in_txlf_format.html

I am not well-versed in the technical side of working with CAT tools.

Does anyone know how this problem may be solved or bypassed (whether on my end or the client's end)?

Thanks!

[Edited at 2020-12-30 09:57 GMT]
Collapse

Andriy Yasharov
Andriy Yasharov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 00:32
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
workflow Dec 30, 2020

Import a mqxliff file into WF5, translate it, after translation and QA when the mqxliff file is still open, go to menu File → Save File As Translated and you will get the translated mqxliff file.

I believe that a txlf file can be imported into memoq if one selects Import with options and then one should select menu Filter → XLIFF filter and the txlf file will be imported all right.

[Edited at 2020-12-30 10:58 GMT]

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 23:32
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Menachem Dec 30, 2020

Menachem Fischman wrote:
So I received an mqxliff file from a client. I was able to open it without a problem on WordFast. However, WF only allows me to save the work product as a txlf file which the client's memoq software does not recognize.

If WFP5 can only save the MQXLIFF file as a TXLF file, then this is a bug in WFP5. However, let's just check if you're doing it right. In WFP5, go to the file so that you're in the editor (i.e. you can see the individual segments), then go to the File tab at the top and click the "Save File as Translated" button near the right.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I save a txlf file (Wordfast) as mqxliff?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »