Lucia Messuti
Lucia Messuti  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 06:26
English to Italian
+ ...
Dec 15, 2020

Message to the Wordfast team!

I've seen Wordfast has several new features, which seem quite interesting.

Anyway several interesting features from other CATs are still missing, although they are useful to speed up the translation work.
For instance "fragment assembly" from the TB and TM and "Fuzzy match repair" to repair automatically fuzzy matches.

Or, is there a way to replace somehow those features?

It's a pity as WF is an interesting t
... See more

Anyway several interesting features from other CATs are still missing, although they are useful to speed up the translation work.
For instance "fragment assembly" from the TB and TM and "Fuzzy match repair" to repair automatically fuzzy matches.

It's a pity as WF is an interesting tool for Mac users. And I think that many Mac users of other CATs would give up to VM, etc.

What's your idea about this?
Thanks
Collapse

Wolfgang Schoene

Wolfgang Schoene
Wolfgang Schoene  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 06:26
English to German
+ ...
Wordfast 5 and fragments/fuzzy match patch Dec 18, 2020

Lucia Messuti wrote:

It's a pity as WF is an interesting tool for Mac users. And I think that many Mac users of other CATs would give up to VM, etc.

What's your idea about this?
Thanks

I like the look and feel of WFP5, but too many features are missing, user suggestions remain unanswered, bugs keep coming up etc. For these reasons I did not renew my licence
A pity, as you say...

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Three types of features Dec 18, 2020

There are at least three types of CAT tool features:

1. Features from which mostly translators benefit, like "fragment assembly" from the TB and TM and "Fuzzy match repair" to repair automatically fuzzy matches, "auto-assembling", "term patterns", "auto-translatables", "Simultaneous Finding and Replacing in projects and memories" etc.
  2. Features from which mostly translation offices benefit, like mechanisms to reduce the total cost of a translation project, integratio... See more
There are at least three types of CAT tool features:

1. Features from which mostly translators benefit, like "fragment assembly" from the TB and TM and "Fuzzy match repair" to repair automatically fuzzy matches, "auto-assembling", "term patterns", "auto-translatables", "Simultaneous Finding and Replacing in projects and memories" etc.
  2. Features from which mostly translation offices benefit, like mechanisms to reduce the total cost of a translation project, integration with portals etc.
  3. Features from which both translators and translation offices benefit, like spelling checkers, e-mail client integration, XLIFF support etc.

If you find that WFP doesn't offer you the features from the first category that you need, you can look for other CAT tools that are focussing on features of this type. There are many alternatives ...
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast 5 and fragments/fuzzy match patch

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »