Wordfast Pro 5 Projects Not Showing Up on Project List + Problem with path
Thread poster: Shizuka Otake
Shizuka Otake
Shizuka Otake
United States
Japanese to English
+ ...
Nov 21, 2020

I'm having a very basic and very frustrating problem.
I bought Wordfast in July, tried using it a few times, and was successful with small documents. I never really did much with it.

My Mac had memory issues (unrelated to Wordfast), so I wiped the whole thing in November. I decided that the Catalina OS was problematic so I installed Mojave. I successfully reinstalled all my programs/applications and migrated my documents.

I was able to reinstall Wordfast. I trie
... See more
I'm having a very basic and very frustrating problem.
I bought Wordfast in July, tried using it a few times, and was successful with small documents. I never really did much with it.

My Mac had memory issues (unrelated to Wordfast), so I wiped the whole thing in November. I decided that the Catalina OS was problematic so I installed Mojave. I successfully reinstalled all my programs/applications and migrated my documents.

I was able to reinstall Wordfast. I tried creating projects, tms, and glossaries.
A few strange things happened.

1. Wordfast kept trying to save projects, tms, and glossaries in a specific path that no longer exists. (e.g. Users/Person1/desktop). The new path is Users/Person/desktop. I use browse to set up the path I want, this doesn't work, Wordfast keeps trying to go back to the old path, and I use browse again. Usually after I use browse twice, I can get Wordfast to select my desired path.

2. I'm able to create files called tms and glossaries and store them on the desired path.

3. When I try to save my project, I get an error message every time
saying "An error occurred during project creation."
Screenshot1

4. But when I check the location on my computer, the project file has been created .

5. When I go to Wordfast, I can't see the project anywhere on the project list.

Long story short, I can't use Wordfast at all right now.
I DID send an urgent ticket on Thursday. I still haven't heard back.

Any help would be really appreciated.
Collapse

JohnWhi
JohnWhi
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:43
French to English
Add Project Nov 22, 2020

To add existing project files to the list, "Add Project" may work.

Shizuka Otake
Shizuka Otake
United States
Japanese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solved Nov 23, 2020

Permissions on project folder showed fetching, not my user name.
So I changed permissions to my user name and applied read and write permissions to the enclosed content.

This didn't solve the problem so I went into the hidden library, found all Wordfast related documents, threw them out, threw out Wordfast.
This time I made sure to trash the documents under Shared.

I reinstalled and now Wordfast is saving projects for me.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Pro 5 Projects Not Showing Up on Project List + Problem with path

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »