Edward Potter
Edward Potter  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 06:39
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Sep 2, 2020

I'm new to WF Pro 5. I'm working on a large editing project and have a few questions and comments:

1) Search/Replace: how do I get keyboard shortcuts? In WF Pro 3 I could hit "R" and "N". For now I am doing a lot of mouse clicking.
2) How do I Replace without jumping to next item? I could do this in WF Pro 3 but apparently not in 5.
3) How do I jump to the first segment? The last segment?

4) When you do a Replace All, it doesn't tell you how many instances w
... See more
I'm new to WF Pro 5. I'm working on a large editing project and have a few questions and comments:

1) Search/Replace: how do I get keyboard shortcuts? In WF Pro 3 I could hit "R" and "N". For now I am doing a lot of mouse clicking.
2) How do I Replace without jumping to next item? I could do this in WF Pro 3 but apparently not in 5.

4) When you do a Replace All, it doesn't tell you how many instances were replaced. Can this be fixed?
5) You have to click out of a segment to see a misspelled word underlined. Can this be fixed?
6) I can't highlight different parts of a segment by holding down the Ctl key. Can this be fixed?

[Edited at 2020-09-03 08:17 GMT]
Collapse

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
That intuitive? Sep 3, 2020

No questions at all?

Edward Potter
Spain
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It was blank Sep 3, 2020

Hi Hans.

Somehow the text of my original post got deleted. Luckily my handy Ditto Editor had copied it so I just pasted it back in.

Any ideas on my questions?

Wolfgang Schoene
Wolfgang Schoene  Identity Verified
France
English to German
+ ...
Wordfast Pro 5 Basic Questions 2 Sep 3, 2020

Edward Potter wrote:

4) When you do a Replace All, it doesn't tell you how many instances were replaced. Can this be fixed?
5) You have to click out of a segment to see a misspelled word underlined. Can this be fixed?
6) I can't highlight different parts of a segment by holding down the Ctl key. Can this be fixed?

[Edited at 2020-09-03 08:17 GMT]

1) Go to "Preferences" --> There you'll find all the shortcuts

3) You don't jump to first or last segment, you elegantly scroll...

Edward Potter
Spain
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
These features were available in WF Pro 3 Sep 3, 2020

Wolfgang Schoene wrote:

1) The shortcuts I want are not listed under Preferences. When I hit Ctl-H and get the Find/Replace dialog, I can only Find/Replace by clicking my mouse, and clicking and clicking and clicking. In WF Pro 3 I just needed to hit either "N" or R" on my keyboard.

3) In WF Pro 3 I could just hit Ctl-Start or Ctl-End. Scrolling with the mouse is not so elegant to me.

Philippe Locquet
Philippe Locquet  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 05:39
English to French
+ ...
Jump Sep 3, 2020

here's one

Edward Potter wrote:

ctrl G + your segment number

Wolfgang Schoene
Wolfgang Schoene  Identity Verified
France
English to German
+ ...
Wordfast Pro 5 Basic Questions 2 Sep 3, 2020

Edward Potter wrote:

Wolfgang Schoene wrote:

1) The shortcuts I want are not listed under Preferences. When I hit Ctl-H and get the Find/Replace dialog, I can only Find/Replace by clicking my mouse, and clicking and clicking and clicking. In WF Pro 3 I just needed to hit either "N" or R" on my keyboard.

3) In WF Pro 3 I could just hit Ctl-Start or Ctl-End. Scrolling with the mouse is not so elegant to me.

Thanks for your question 3), I just discovered that CTRL+Start / CTRL+End do work on the Mac. AFAIK this is undocumented.
And there's a Goto segment (CMD+segment number), too, but you have to know the segment number you want to go to.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Pro 5 Basic Questions 2

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »