WFC 7.21 not working and urgent job held up - help needed!
Thread poster: Colin Bowles
Colin Bowles
Colin Bowles  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 14:40
Portuguese to English
Aug 13, 2020

When I press ALT+DOWN, WFC 7.21 opens a new blank Word document instead of opening a source and target TU as it used to.

I have tried the "Remove Wordfast" option inside WF to reinstall it, but it doesn't remove WFC.

I have desintalled and reinstalled Office 365, but the problem persists.

When I opened Office the first time after reinstalling it I got the message "VBA macros disabled in this project".

The Trust Center settings that are ticked a
... See more
When I press ALT+DOWN, WFC 7.21 opens a new blank Word document instead of opening a source and target TU as it used to.

I have tried the "Remove Wordfast" option inside WF to reinstall it, but it doesn't remove WFC.

I have desintalled and reinstalled Office 365, but the problem persists.

When I opened Office the first time after reinstalling it I got the message "VBA macros disabled in this project".

The Trust Center settings that are ticked are:
-Disable all macros except digitally signed ones
-Trust access to the VBA project object model

I can't download WFC again because when I click the download WFC button at www.wordfast.com, I get the message "site cannot be reached".

And www.wordfast.net is also giving me the message "site cannot be reached".

Would really appreciate help as I do not know where to turn to in absence of the old Wordfast Yahoo support group.

Thank you very much.
Collapse

B D Finch
B D Finch  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 19:40
French to English
+ ...
Accessing website Aug 14, 2020

I have just checked the two links you posted and found that https://www.wordfast.net/ does work for me, but the other link does not. Try downloading from the "download" link on https://www.wordfast.net/index.php?go=classic

Philippe Locquet
Philippe Locquet  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 18:40
English to French
+ ...
Keyboard? Aug 14, 2020

Hi there,

A couple of things:
the link to wordfast.com you pasted in the thread does not work because there are unwanted characters in it. It shows up in browser as: http:// www.wordfast .com%2C/ (I added the spaces)
Once you remove the unwanted characters, target site is perfectly fine.
That's what makes me think of a
... See more
Hi there,

A couple of things:
the link to wordfast.com you pasted in the thread does not work because there are unwanted characters in it. It shows up in browser as: http:// www.wordfast .com%2C/ (I added the spaces)
Once you remove the unwanted characters, target site is perfectly fine.
That's what makes me think of a keyboard issue. You didn't specify your OS so I'll assume you're on Win 10. Check the languages at the bottom right for keyboard input, sometimes, because of accidental typos, a shortcut activates a change of input layout in Windows.

If the problem is more serious, if you are a paying customer, go to your wordfast.net account and contact the hotline. They are very helpful and knowledgeable.

Hope this helps

[Edited at 2020-08-14 12:58 GMT]

[Edited at 2020-08-14 12:59 GMT]
Collapse

Colin Bowles
Colin Bowles  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 14:40
Portuguese to English
TOPIC STARTER
Sorted Aug 14, 2020

Thank you both. Problem was solved by configuring a DNS in my PC (Wi-Fi and Enet interfaces). It seems for some reason wordfast.net had not propagated to whatever DNS my provider uses. Tks again for taking the trouble to reply.

Clinton Muoto
Clinton Muoto  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:40
Member (2009)
Polish to English
I have the same problem Aug 17, 2020

I have the same problem, but I do not know how to go about whatever you did. I am not a computer expert

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WFC 7.21 not working and urgent job held up - help needed!

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »