Krista Roest
Krista Roest  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 01:29
Member (2015)
French to Dutch
+ ...
Jul 24, 2020

I have received a xlf and tmx for translation, but I need to merge certain segments. I have already worked on the tmx and merged these segments, but in the xlf I can't merge anything. Split is not blocked. My PD has already unblocked the segments, but this has no effect.

Anyone?

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Krista Jul 24, 2020

Krista Roest wrote:
I have already worked on the TMX file and merged these segments, but in the XLF file, I can't merge anything. Split is not blocked. My PD has already unblocked the segments, but this has no effect.

I assume "PD" mean "project manager". Or do you mean TransPerfect's Project Director job management system?

Which version of WFP are you having trouble with? Do you use a version installed on your computer, or are you using a browser-based version?

Krista Roest
Krista Roest  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2015)
French to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Version WF Pro 5 Jul 24, 2020

I use WF Pro 5 installed on my computer.
PD = PM (oops)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Pro: I can split but not merge segments

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »