Thread poster: Emily Adiseshiah
Emily Adiseshiah
Emily Adiseshiah  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 13:34
Spanish to English
Apr 20, 2020

Hi everyone!

I apologise in advance if this question has already been answered, and if so, maybe you could point me to it, though I don't believe it has been.

I'd like to know whether it is possible to pretranslate an entire txlf with Deepl, rather than autopopulating each row as you translate. I know this can be done with Trados, so am wondering whether it's also possible with Wordfast.

I'm using Wordfast Pro 5.

Thanks very much!

Andriy Yasharov
Andriy Yasharov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 14:34
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
DeepL Pro is needed Apr 20, 2020

There are some steps to take to achieve the goal:

1. Enable DeepL Pro in the WF 5 Settings.

2. Use the Analyze action to pretranslate a txlf file.

3. On the Project Analyze dialog, select the language pairs and files for analysis.

4. Select Pretranslate and any other options if needed.

5. Click Analyze.

Emily Adiseshiah
Spain
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
DeepL Pro enabled but no segments have been populated Apr 20, 2020

Thanks very much, Andriy! I think I've got DeepL Pro set up - I've got my API and DeepL Pro enabled, but when I analyse, the only thing that I'm getting up are the tags - all segments are empty apart from some tags.

Emily Adiseshiah
Spain
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Use primary MT on no match segments needed Apr 20, 2020

Hi again!

By ticking the "Use primary MT on no match segments needed" box in the Project Analyze window under "Pretranslate", I am able to pretranslate. However, files that are over ~500 words give me the following error message "leverager cause exception". Has this happened to anyone?

Thanks very much!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Pretranslate entire txlf with DeepL

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »