Thread poster: Denise Phelps
Denise Phelps
Denise Phelps  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:37
Spanish to English
+ ...
May 30, 2018

Hi everyone,

I've just bought a new laptop with Windows 10, and am trying to copy my uproof folder/custom dictionary from my Windows 7 laptop onto my new one. I've applied "show hidden files" and it's working, but the route has changed. The file path I use on Windows 7 is users/my user name/app data/roaming/Microsoft/uproof, but when I open Microsoft following this file path in Windows 10, uproof isn't there. I can locate it doing a file search, but the file path is so long I can't
... See more
Hi everyone,

I've just bought a new laptop with Windows 10, and am trying to copy my uproof folder/custom dictionary from my Windows 7 laptop onto my new one. I've applied "show hidden files" and it's working, but the route has changed. The file path I use on Windows 7 is users/my user name/app data/roaming/Microsoft/uproof, but when I open Microsoft following this file path in Windows 10, uproof isn't there. I can locate it doing a file search, but the file path is so long I can't see all of it. Does anyone know what it is?

Many thanks,
Denise
Collapse

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:37
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\UProof May 30, 2018

Mine is @ C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\UProof

HTH!

Michael

Mirko Mainardi
Mirko Mainardi  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
Open file location May 30, 2018

Denise Phelps wrote:

I can locate it doing a file search, but the file path is so long I can't see all of it. Does anyone know what it is?

If that's the case, have you tried right clicking on the search result and selecting "Open file location" (scroll down the contextual menu to the end)?

Denise Phelps
Denise Phelps  Identity Verified
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for the help... May 30, 2018

So is mine Michael - in windows 7. Still can't find the file path in windows 10.

Thanks for the tip Mirko: TWO different file paths appeared when I did what you said, but when I tried to use them manually, they both led me to empty folders. I'm really puzzled. For now I'll just have to use the search function to get to uproof and update the dictionary. But it annoys me not knowing where it is...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Uproof folder location in Windows 10

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »