ATIL KAYHAN
ATIL KAYHAN  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 21:08
Member (2007)
Turkish to English
+ ...
Nov 4, 2014

Does anybody know if MS Windows 10 is out yet? I heard that it is out in the U.S. but I do not know about other countries. If anybody is using it, what are your impressions?

Shai Navé
Shai Navé  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 21:08
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Will be released on mid to late 2015 Nov 4, 2014

Windows 10 is not out yet. What was released is just the technical preview, which is NOT recommended for production use.

At the time of this writing the final release is scheduled for Q3 of 2015, but this could change.

Also, Windows 10 is basically just a glorified service pack for Windows 8/8.1. Sure, things could change down the road, but judging from the roadmap and the information they have released so far, I don't expect any groundbreaking changes, just further opt
... See more
Windows 10 is not out yet. What was released is just the technical preview, which is NOT recommended for production use.

At the time of this writing the final release is scheduled for Q3 of 2015, but this could change.

Also, Windows 10 is basically just a glorified service pack for Windows 8/8.1. Sure, things could change down the road, but judging from the roadmap and the information they have released so far, I don't expect any groundbreaking changes, just further optimization of the kernel and the UX.

[Edited at 2014-11-04 14:34 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Microsoft Windows 10

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »