Murat Cil
Murat Cil  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:34
Turkish to English
+ ...
May 13, 2002

Hello,

I have a translated document that needs to be recorded. How do I go about finding a voice over artist? Is there a website like proz, but for voice?

Thanks so much.

Murat

Klaus Dorn (X)
Klaus Dorn (X)
Local time: 21:34
German to English
+ ...
try this: May 13, 2002

Hi Murat (merhaba, nasilsiniz?)

You could try the following website:

http://www.world-voices.com/

5Q
5Q
Local time: 19:34
French to English
+ ...
I'll do it! May 13, 2002

Well, if the text is already in English (my turkish is not too good...) then I can help you out. I already have experience doing voice overs as project manager for a CD-Rom for continued medical training for small-cell lung cancer and have some acting, speaking and recording experience. I also have a home-studio for making music at home and therefore the necessary hardware to record and process audio files of the highest quality (using Protools, the professional industry standard). I\'m male and... See more
Well, if the text is already in English (my turkish is not too good...) then I can help you out. I already have experience doing voice overs as project manager for a CD-Rom for continued medical training for small-cell lung cancer and have some acting, speaking and recording experience. I also have a home-studio for making music at home and therefore the necessary hardware to record and process audio files of the highest quality (using Protools, the professional industry standard). I\'m male and British (I know some companies ask for specific types of voice or accent) and I\'d be more than happy to help you.

The real issue would be how we would organise the exchange of audio files - format, size etc. I have a broadband Internet connection, so down/uploading heavy files is not a problem, nor is storing this data or even sending it to you on CD. We would need to discuss these options before undetaking the task.

You can contact me through my page on ProZ (click on 5Q) by mail or phone. I live in France, but as I say, there would be no problems working on such a project from my end. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Collapse

Teresa Duran-Sanchez
Teresa Duran-Sanchez  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 18:34
German to Spanish
+ ...
You can post it as a job here May 14, 2002

There have been more voiceover jobs posted here in the past. I think it would be unfair to use the forum to find your \"voiceover artist\" as only a reduced number of members check the forum everyday, whereas if you post it as a job, all those interested will be informed through an e-mail alert. As a job posting you can also specify which country the freelancer should live in to be able to perform the task.

Good luck, I can only do voiceovers in Spanish, I\'m afraid ... See more
There have been more voiceover jobs posted here in the past. I think it would be unfair to use the forum to find your \"voiceover artist\" as only a reduced number of members check the forum everyday, whereas if you post it as a job, all those interested will be informed through an e-mail alert. As a job posting you can also specify which country the freelancer should live in to be able to perform the task.

Good luck, I can only do voiceovers in Spanish, I\'m afraid

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-05-14 13:36 ]
Collapse

Murat Cil
Murat Cil  Identity Verified
United States
Turkish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for info about voice over artist May 14, 2002

Thanks everybody for the info about finding a voice over artist. It seems that there are several Proz that do this, so we can post the job here.

In fact I just checked; there is a voice over option. I will probably post it today under my company, Transfirex, Inc.

Thanks again.

Murat

Transfirex
Transfirex
United States
English to Turkish
+ ...
Can't post job May 15, 2002

Hello,

Turns out I cannot post this job on Proz because job posting requires that the project be multilingual. I already have a translator; I just need the voice over. So I am out of luck.

Here are the details on this job. If you are interested, please email me directly at [email protected].

Thanks.

We are looking for a male voice-over artist with an American accen
... See more
Hello,

Turns out I cannot post this job on Proz because job posting requires that the project be multilingual. I already have a translator; I just need the voice over. So I am out of luck.

Here are the details on this job. If you are interested, please email me directly at [email protected].

Thanks.

We are looking for a male voice-over artist with an American accent.

The project is a presentation about a business� e-commerce services. It includes three English segments, approximately 11 minutes, 16 minutes, and 10 minutes long. The original document is in Turkish and has not been translated yet. These are the time lengths of the Turkish documents.

The final audio will be used for a Flash presentation. I am inquiring into an estimate for such a project where the final deliverable would be the audio file.

Murat at Transfirex
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Kristina Radziulyte[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Need Voice Over Artist for English

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »