Schwabamädle
Schwabamädle
Canada
Local time: 21:57
English to German
+ ...
Jan 21, 2008

Hello everyone,

I have opened this new thread in order for all new and existing Collection Team Leaders to respond and to post their ideas on how they are going to proceed and for questions you may have.

Translators4kids is a Non-Profit-Organization www.translators4kids.com and is collecting stories from all over the world in order to publish a book written from underprivileged c
... See more
Hello everyone,

I have opened this new thread in order for all new and existing Collection Team Leaders to respond and to post their ideas on how they are going to proceed and for questions you may have.

Translators4kids is a Non-Profit-Organization www.translators4kids.com and is collecting stories from all over the world in order to publish a book written from underprivileged children around the world, in all languages.

Please go to the website of Translators4Kids.com and read about our book project.

The book will be translated into different languages and made available in as many countries as possible. Proceeds of the sale of this book will be used to directly address problems that many of the world’s children face each day.

If you are interested in being a Collection Team Leader in your area or country than this is the place to respond.

What are the responsibilities of a Collection Team Leader?

1. Looking for volunteers who are able to collect stories from underprivileged children
2. Answering e-mails from people who are able to collect stories and show them the
procedure.
3. Sending out agreements, waivers, presentations etc…
4. Introduce our project in their language in their language forum.

The Collection Team Leader will identify sub-collectors and guide them through the process of collecting stories.

Translators4kids has a presentation on the book project translated in most languages which can be presented to prospects like hospitals, orphanages, institutions, parents etc..

The Collection Team Leader will ask Andrea Di Marco at collection@translators4kids to e-mail a presentation in the language needed.

I would welcome your response and your thoughts very much.

Please keep the topic about the collection of stories

Sincerely
Andrea Di Marco
[email protected]
Collapse

Niraja Nanjundan (X)
Niraja Nanjundan (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:27
German to English
Indian Collection Team Jan 22, 2008

Hi Andrea, hi all,

I recently volunteered to be a Collection Team Leader for India and am hoping to get a small, but committed team together to collect stories for the book and hopefully to also cooperate further with Translators4Kids once the book project is over.

I find the idea of a group of people with the same interests and skills getting together to help the less privileged very inspiring and motivating and would like to commend Marion Schimmelpfennig for coming
... See more
Hi Andrea, hi all,

I recently volunteered to be a Collection Team Leader for India and am hoping to get a small, but committed team together to collect stories for the book and hopefully to also cooperate further with Translators4Kids once the book project is over.

I find the idea of a group of people with the same interests and skills getting together to help the less privileged very inspiring and motivating and would like to commend Marion Schimmelpfennig for coming up with the idea of Translators4Kids. I have also been impressed by the commitment of Andrea and Natalia, with whom I have been in touch, and who put in so much time and effort for T4K.

When I heard about the book project I thought it would be nice if India were also represented, especially since Indian children have so many stories to tell, not just children from poor and low income families, but from all backgrounds and walks of life.

Having said that, I can see that getting people to volunteer is not going to be an easy task. I have already informed people about the book project at a powwow we had on Sunday and there has been some response and I now plan to hold monthly meetings with volunteers and others who are interested, and to proceed from there.

In spite of some of the obstacles we may face, I'm looking forward to working on the project and to the interaction with volunteers and collection team leaders from different countries. I think that the more countries that are involved, the more powerful the the message such a book conveys will be, so I hope many more of you will step forward and join this wonderful effort.

Best regards,
Niraja

[Edited at 2008-01-22 01:31]
Collapse

Fabiana Papastefani-Pezzoni
Fabiana Papastefani-Pezzoni  Identity Verified
Albania
Local time: 03:57
Member (2003)
English to Albanian
+ ...
Keep kicking :)) Jan 23, 2008

Hello Andrea and all,

I would like to say that things very often are less difficult then thought. Some times all it takes is a good organization and a good fokus on the necessary steps.

I do not want to make thing much easier then they really are, but what I am saying is that we all can take an effort to spot some kids who are much less fortunate and live in not so happy conditions.

Dear Andrea, I look forward to talking tomorrow together with other coll
... See more
Hello Andrea and all,

I would like to say that things very often are less difficult then thought. Some times all it takes is a good organization and a good fokus on the necessary steps.

I do not want to make thing much easier then they really are, but what I am saying is that we all can take an effort to spot some kids who are much less fortunate and live in not so happy conditions.

Dear Andrea, I look forward to talking tomorrow together with other colleagues to define what do you want me to do. I am willing very much to help facilitate contacts, procedures, or any thing else.

Warm regards to all,

Fabiana
Collapse

Marisa Pavan
Marisa Pavan
Argentina
Local time: 22:57
English to Spanish
+ ...
T4K Book project Jan 24, 2008

Hi Fabiana and all,

I totally agree with you as regards the importance of organization and focus and I'm also looking forward to meeting you all tomorrow.

Regards,
Marisa

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Translators4Kids is looking for Collection Team Leaders around the world

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »